I'm back!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Well done cyclebum! I'm sorry that the jersey mess up meant that you couldn't take one to India, but hopefully it will be ready for your next trip (actually they should arrive with me in the next few days).
While you're in China you could also complete the long leg of the Great CycleChat jersey relay by taking the jersey to Keith Oates?!!?

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Don't worry Will, it would have been good to wear it, but as you say there is always China. Broached the subject with hubby last night, not sure how to gauge his reaction :tongue::blush::ohmy::wacko:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Three cheers for Cyclebum!

Hip hip! :ohmy:

YAHOO !

WELL DONE TO YOU !

Very glad that you have the challenge bug - and no nasty Indian bugs !
I'm not surprised that you managed to cycle all the way - the thought of what might have been said if you hadn't was probably a great incentive :tongue:

I totally amazed myself at my fitness and ability
Why ? WE all knew you would could do it :biggrin:

It's an amazing country and people but it is hard to get one's head around the extremes - of beauty/ugliness, wealth/poverty, laziness/intense labour etc.
Mind you, the locals must have been pretty amazed/bemused/incredulous at the sight of "74 [foreign] women of varying ages and abilities" on bicycles - one each ! Normally, Indians put up to 4 people on each bike ... and sit up, rod-braked bikes at that !

Gonna get some pics up somewhere, sometime ?

Just Brilliant :biggrin::biggrin:

Now what could any of us do to top that .......
:blush::?::tongue:

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

scoosh said:
It's an amazing country and people but it is hard to get one's head around the extremes - of beauty/ugliness, wealth/poverty, laziness/intense labour etc.
Mind you, the locals must have been pretty amazed/bemused/incredulous at the sight of "74 [foreign] women of varying ages and abilities" on bicycles - one each ! Normally, Indians put up to 4 people on each bike ... and sit up, rod-braked bikes at that !

We certainly caused a reaction mostly positive with a lot of greetings. We had been warned not to show legs above the knee or bare shoulders, and I have to say it was our legs that were glared at the most!! Some of us chose to pass through the larger towns with bufffs up, and with helmets and glasses that made us ignored a bit more. 1 woman was pushed off her bike and I had my bum slapped a couple of times:ohmy:, we also had stones thrown at us, but this was mostly in the minority. By the end of the 2nd day I noticed that women do not ride bikes there. As I passed 1 old guy on his creaky cranky bike, I couldn't help wonder if he had a maintanance regime!!! I was amazingly beautiful, and great poverty though not as stark as in the cities. I feel very priviledged to have had this oppotunity to have been there.:rolleyes:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's strange, isn't it....women not cycling there. We saw one town with women cycling everywhere, otherwise a dearth of gals on bikes!!

No-one slapped my bum in India. Most put out. You must have a nicer derriere!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
cyclebum said:
We certainly caused a reaction mostly positive I was amazingly beautiful, .:tired:

Of course you are Cyclebum, it goes without saying!!:thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hey, only just noticed this thread! Well done! Sounds like all your hard work and worry paid off!

Roll on China... You can look for a panda for me....;)

Top Bottom