I'm coming out and I'm proud!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
According to the BBC, middle age doesn't start until 55 ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19622330 ) so my only misdemeanor out of all those is wearing lycra :tongue:

Maybe all their problems would go away if they started wearing skirts with their tights :giggle:

you mean something like that:

men-in-tights-mantyhose-2.jpg

or something more classic:

tutu.jpg

No, seriously now.. Still don't get it! I find men in cycling tights and jerseys the next best thing after a chocolate souflle!

Sandra6

Veteran
I'm Fat (but getting less so) And Bald (have been for years and would happily get rid of the rest if the missus would let me). I'm also a Middlle Aged Man and now I'm fully commited to being In Lycra (now can't stand anything loose flapping about).

So there you go. I'm out and I'm proud. Has it happened to you yet?

Being a woman I'm hoping it never does!
I don't intend on getting fat or bald and as I celebrated my last ever birthday last month I won't ever be middle aged - or a man.
I only ever think of mamil's as being the ones who are in full team lycra, but don't go more than a few miles down the cycle path.

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Being a woman I'm hoping it never does!
I don't intend on getting fat or bald and as I celebrated my last ever birthday last month I won't ever be middle aged - or a man.
I only ever think of mamil's as being the ones who are in full team lycra, but don't go more than a few miles down the cycle path.
No more birthdays? Sure your'e not middle aged already? ;)

I see the whole MAMILs thing as being a very male hangup, although I fully recognise there are very keen and able female cyclists who wear lycra (some of these may also be fat and/or bald as well). Anyway, on your criteria I am not a MAMIL either. I don't wear anything with team logos on and usually do 30-100 road miles when I'm out to enjoy myself.

Top Bottom