I'm feeling a bit self righteous at the moment...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I had a lot of needles today. What a delight that was! Root canal treatment on a clever tooth (the one in front of the wisdom tooth) which hurt so much, I'd have paid twelvety thousand pounds to have the pain taken away, even if that had involved a guillotine. It wasn't just the lignocaine-carrying needle today but then comes the reamers to gouge out all the nerves and the dentist kneeling on your chest to enable him to get greater purchase on the serrated-edged tools of evil. I won't contemplate pain-killing tablets but he warned me it was going to get very painful when the lignocaine wore off and that I should take some Dicoflenac and I have to say the prospect is tempting me as I've got the pain in the post big time now.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a lot of needles today. What a delight that was! Root canal treatment on a clever tooth (the one in front of the wisdom tooth) which hurt so much, I'd have paid twelvety thousand pounds to have the pain taken away, even if that had involved a guillotine. It wasn't just the lignocaine-carrying needle today but then comes the reamers to gouge out all the nerves and the dentist kneeling on your chest to enable him to get greater purchase on the serrated-edged tools of evil. I won't contemplate pain-killing tablets but he warned me it was going to get very painful when the lignocaine wore off and that I should take some Dicoflenac and I have to say the prospect is tempting me as I've got the pain in the post big time now.
They'd have to that to me without the local. Try some ice in the mouth.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Every time I fill out the form to donate, the question " have you ever gobbled a knob or bummed a chap?" I wonder...who'd know?
Its when they ask you as a woman have you ever done naughties with a bloke who has done the naughties with another bloke. I wish they would have a box that says " not that they told me"

I have a platelet thingy near me and do the blood thing, but shall phone & ask and see what their sessions are as I could do it but only when I have the car and that depends on husbands shifts and whether it is an all the time thing or once a month on a tuesday type thing

Also after you have donated do you feel ok, or does the lack of platelet thingies make you feel crappy?

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Its when they ask you as a woman have you ever done naughties with a bloke who has done the naughties with another bloke. I wish they would have a box that says " not that they told me"

I have a platelet thingy near me and do the blood thing, but shall phone & ask and see what their sessions are as I could do it but only when I have the car and that depends on husbands shifts and whether it is an all the time thing or once a month on a tuesday type thing

Also after you have donated do you feel ok, or does the lack of platelet thingies make you feel crappy?

I haven't noticed any ill effect afterwards, I get a bit of tingling in the lips sometimes during the donation, but that all, I think it's something to do with the saline solution, but don't quote me.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Platelets again. I have a needle in me now as I type one handed on the iPad. I bring this up today as it is my 100th donation! A milestone indeed, but not as good as the bloke a few beds down, he's done over 500 donations!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm donating platelets again as I type, coincidently on the 2nd anniversary of the death of my best mate from cancer. Not a day goes by without me thinking of him.

Top Bottom