I'm feeling a bit self righteous at the moment...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm at it again, fifth time.

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
I give blood every 14/16 weeks, I'm up to 12 pints so far.
Started giving when the wife needed a transfusion after a C- section with our first born.
You just think they will have the blood, its got to come from somewhere!!
I looked into giving platelets but live too far from a donation centre,
Shame I don't still live in Plymouth, lived 10mins away from Derriford hosp

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I give blood every 14/16 weeks, I'm up to 12 pints so far.
Started giving when the wife needed a transfusion after a C- section with our first born.
You just think they will have the blood, its got to come from somewhere!!
I looked into giving platelets but live too far from a donation centre,
Shame I don't still live in Plymouth, lived 10mins away from Derriford hosp

They need the blood as much as the platelets, so it's all good

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
http://www.blood.co.uk/platelets/

At it again, just saying like. Give it a go if you can.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Even though I am now pretty much in remission (it is now at a stage where even the special tests can't measure it properly. In fact I probably have less cancer cells now than the average person due to the medication I am on), I will never be able to give blood or anything, and its the most annoying thing ever. Period. Except for cyclists jumping red lights and riding 2 abreast on a busy road of course...

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Even though I am now pretty much in remission (it is now at a stage where even the special tests can't measure it properly. In fact I probably have less cancer cells now than the average person due to the medication I am on), I will never be able to give blood or anything, and its the most annoying thing ever. Period. Except for cyclists jumping red lights and riding 2 abreast on a busy road of course...

You, are of course excused.

D

Deleted member 1258

I gave blood when I was younger, got an award for 25 pints, I'm now in my 60's and have a chest full of stents, I suspect I now need it more than they do. Well done to all those donating.

classic33

Leg End Member
In a similar situation & that was prior to "Mickleisation". Unable to be a donor of any sort, even after I've popped me clogs.

Top Bottom