I'm getting there in my quest to do a 68 mile ride :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
No, am a Genteel Gentlemen of Leisure (?Unemployed?Self-employed with no work?Empty nesting house husband? = Let's call it retired...)
68, starting from "only" doing 20 miles, aiming for 68 miles in less than a year is a pretty stretching target.
6 hours riding is much more than 3 times 2 hours riding!
From experience, don't aim to do longer distances every ride. Stick at 30 miles for a few weeks, aiming to feel more comfortable.

Good advice........thanks.
I am planning a 35 miler tomorrow (Friday) while the weather holds. Wind is forcast and I have found that to be a BIIIIIG factor.
My bum bones are holding up-and my legs are fine.....that is a bonus.
I can feel a 40 miler coming soon and that......to me....will be the sign that I will manage it.
I read an article on training that said......."if you can do- in one week-what you plan to do in one day then you can do it"...........it sounded right when I read it:whistle:

Age is but a number I did 72 two days before my 70th and then two separate 100's (weeks apart) last year. Now I will do what I can when I can but at my pace and if I don't do what I set out to do So what! Nice to have a target but don't be a slave too it.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well done @Dave7 you seem to be building the mileage up nicely & with the nice warm summer :whistle: ahead I'm sure on a good day you will crack the 68 miles

Top Bottom