I'm giving away a £20 Wiggle voucher - Lucky-X competition!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
While I do my best to always show the lowest prices I'm not a price comparison site, I work by looking for the biggest savings.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Done, followed and liked. I deliberately used my phone (Nokia Lumia 1020) to test the responsiveness, and found the text on the subheading in the title bar can't be read over the image in portrait mode. And the 'enter your email' textbox hasn't got the email attribute on. Can't you tell I've been learning about this stuff for my latest mad scheme?

Oh, and I get Comic Sans too on the phone, and in Chrome!

Andrew, bearing in mind it is the wee hours and I should be asleep...

I spend my days (when not cycling) helping businesses market themselves online, this means I spend a lot of time studying ways businesses can improve sales, while as a consumer (mostly of beer and cycling gear) I spent a lot of time looking for the best online deals.

Should really be 'market themselves online. This means' or 'market themselves online: this means'. Probably better with the former

I’m yet to think of a way to involve my musical skills, which is possibly for the best. Occasionally I invite other writers to contribute to Lucky-X. But enough about me…

I've yet....

I could write a whole load of guff to explain why Lucky-X exists

I know guff is a word but how many people know it?

guff
ɡʌf/
noun
informal
foolish talk or ideas.
SCOTTISH
an unpleasant smell

Finally the script size changes randomly on the bit about knitwear... (opera on Android)

Not sure it getting smaller works.

Screenshot_2014-12-17-04-34-17.jpg

One sleepless SNSSO

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Done, followed and liked. I deliberately used my phone (Nokia Lumia 1020) to test the responsiveness, and found the text on the subheading in the title bar can't be read over the image in portrait mode. And the 'enter your email' textbox hasn't got the email attribute on. Can't you tell I've been learning about this stuff for my latest mad scheme?

Oh, and I get Comic Sans too on the phone, and in Chrome!

Thank you! Time to get badass with the CSS!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Andrew, bearing in mind it is the wee hours and I should be asleep...

Should really be 'market themselves online. This means' or 'market themselves online: this means'. Probably better with the former

I've yet....

I know guff is a word but how many people know it?

Finally the script size changes randomly on the bit about knitwear... (opera on Android)

Not sure it getting smaller works.

View attachment 74567

One sleepless SNSSO

Thank you very much indeed! I have made changes - http://lucky-x.com/about-us/lucky-x/

The headings were shrinking because I was using H tags, I've used proper formatting instead.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think you could be right, I've change it to 'latest'.

I'll going to call in my css guru to banish comic sans!

I'm guessing that Comic Sans is the fall-back on Windows (it's some scripty effort on OSX) when it can't find the font, so there's probably something wrong in the @font-face declaration. There's a generator on Font Squirrel which should be able to help you/him out.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm guessing that Comic Sans is the fall-back on Windows (it's some scripty effort on OSX) when it can't find the font, so there's probably something wrong in the @font-face declaration. There's a generator on Font Squirrel which should be able to help you/him out.

This is what I have in the custom CSS section of the theme setup (I haven't set up a child theme, but may have to):

#masthead {
margin: 10px auto 0;
padding: 5px 0;
}

@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Pacifico);

.site-title {
font-family: 'Pacifico', cursive !important;
font-size: 4.100em !important;
font-weight: bold !important;
}

.site-description {
margin-top: 2em;