I'm going to be crushed by this lorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
That's what I thought this morning whilst riding to work. As soon as I saw him pulling out to overtake I knew he was going to have to cut me up to get back in,so I slowed to save him from.....well wiping me out I suppose!

But then he did something beyond belief. Just look at this lunatic. I genuinely thought that if I didn't slow down, I'd have been a lorry/kerb sandwich.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igGVtW7QWXo&noredirect=1

I'm currently looking into making my first ever official complaint about another driver. If anyone's had any experience in complaining directly to 'Co-op' I'd appreciate some advice.....or adv ice in general. Also thinking of going directly to the Old Bill. Or am I mistaken in just how out of order this piece of driving was? As an LGV driver myself, I'm well and truly flabber-ghasted by this maneuver.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It doesnt matter if it was a HGV or not, it is illegal. And it doesnt matter if you dont have the reg plate, the company can trace the time and location to find out who it was.
I would go to the police as well. This guy needs to be taken off the roads if he drives a HGV like this.

As a professional HGV Driver I am embarrassed by his stupidity and I wish you luck reporting him. The company may be able to identify him given the location and time. I could not see any identification marks on the trailer which would have helped.
You could also bring it to the attention of the DOT Local Traffic Commissioner.

His/her details can be found here;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/traffic-commissioners

djb1971

Legendary Member
That's terrible, hgv drivers are usually fairly good because they know even a little knock would probably squash you. I'd report him to the co-op.

G3CWI

Veteran
That's what I thought this morning whilst riding to work. As soon as I saw him pulling out to overtake I knew he was going to have to cut me up to get back in

I suspect that he will claim that he didn't see you until the last moment and the Police will commend him for his quick thinking maneuver: or some other such nonsense ;-) Let us know what happens.

Chris-H

Über Member
Without a shadow of a doubt i would go to the Police AND the Co Op,he needs to be stopped before he kills someone.

siadwell

Guru
Had a similar thing one Sunday morning. Heard an HGV (scaffolding lorry as it turned out) hammering up behind me as I neared a pinch point, braced myself to bail out left but he shot past the island on the other side. Better than a collision, but no excuse for it on that road.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Strangely this happened to me today, I could and should have been in primary and will be for this bridge hill in the future (sorry drivers) but still

jarlrmai

Veteran
The mic on the camera is bad and all you hear is wind noise and me screaming and shouting expletives anyway, not sure what the sound adds?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
The mic on the camera is bad and all you hear is wind noise and me screaming and shouting expletives anyway, not sure what the sound adds?
Shows the type of person you are. Also the lack of sound would be interpreted you as hiding what you say etc. I would say it adds to discredit the video. Although that's my evaluation

jarlrmai

Veteran
not sure what the "type of person" I am has to do with other peoples driving, you think this truck driver used his psychic powers to discover what kind of person I am and decided "guys a tosser I'm going to endanger his life?"

Top Bottom