I'm going to have a rant.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Many years ago I wanted to withdraw a sum from a Halifax account I had , the cashier refused my id with no reason when I asked for the manager to make a complaint she refused to disturb him over such a petty thing .

When I got home I phoned the customer complaints line and voiced my concerns I was apologized to very quickly . Next time I went to the branch I withdrew all the money bar £1 which to this day is still gaining interest :laugh: .

All my banking these days is done elsewhere

classic33

Leg End Member
Nat Worst charged me over £140 2 days back in about 1994 they were charging £35 a letter back then, even sharing envelopes, 4 letters in 2 days. Okay I was over my overdraft, but money was paid in on the 2nd day to clear not only the unauthorised but the authorised as well, went in for them to explain how charging me so much was going to help me not go back into overdraft, they were not interested.

Haven't banked with them for 10 years, but still get genuine emails from them, despite multiple requests asking them to remove me from their mailing list.

Banks law to themselves
What they doing still using your information.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have no idea, I've tried emailing, unsubscribing, but still they come
Phone and ask for their fraud department. You think someone may be using your details.

Ten years on, they shouldn't be using it. Withdraw your permission for them to be using it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I like shouty rants .... good for many folks mental health .... get as shouty as you want Eltonfrog ...

They are funny to see

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Nat Worst charged me over £140 2 days back in about 1994 they were charging £35 a letter back then, even sharing envelopes, 4 letters in 2 days. Okay I was over my overdraft, but money was paid in on the 2nd day to clear not only the unauthorised but the authorised as well, went in for them to explain how charging me so much was going to help me not go back into overdraft, they were not interested.

Haven't banked with them for 10 years, but still get genuine emails from them, despite multiple requests asking them to remove me from their mailing list.

Banks law to themselves
You should have replied by post, acknowledging receipt of their letters, and charged them the same £35. If they can do it... :whistle:

byegad

Legendary Member
Just like posting a paper letter, a written signature is an antiquated form of identification, which should have been replaced by routine fingerprint and retinal scans long ago. It's ridiculous that someone should have to actually walk into a building just to write something on a sheet of paper. I've written my signature so few times in the last decade that it's not even close to being consistent, in fact it never was very consistent. We're in the 21st century! :rolleyes:
A little history First.....

I was born left handed in the 1950s. At Infant's school I was forced to write with my right hand. So from my First school report on through to 18, everybody complained about my shocking handwriting. At Durham Uni, I took lots of notes, in a hand that even I found hard to read. Then I developed arthritis in my fingers, and elsewhere......

Today, if I sign something twice in quick succession, my signatures are dissimilar, looking as if two different people had very unsuccessfully tried to forge a drunken spider's wanderings through a pool of ink. These days I rarely write anything, notes and shopping lists go into my phone's notepad, I email people and phone them. Lady Byegad writes people's birthday and Xmas cards.

The last time I signed anything was 4 years ago when we bought a house. I suspect it really was the last legally required signature I will ever need to make. As has been said, these days we should be able to do much better.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
A little history First.....

I was born left handed in the 1950s. At Infant's school I was forced to write with my right hand. So from my First school report on through to 18, everybody complained about my shocking handwriting. At Durham Uni, I took lots of notes, in a hand that even I found hard to read. Then I developed arthritis in my fingers, and elsewhere......

Today, if I sign something twice in quick succession, my signatures are dissimilar, looking as if two different people had very unsuccessfully tried to forge a drunken spider's wanderings through a pool of ink. These days I rarely write anything, notes and shopping lists go into my phone's notepad, I email people and phone them. Lady Byegad writes people's birthday and Xmas cards.

The last time I signed anything was 4 years ago when we bought a house. I suspect it really was the last legally required signature I will ever need to make. As has been said, these days we should be able to do much better.
My mother (born in 1947) had the same: although left-handed, she was forced (by a hard rap on the knuckles with a ruler if necessary) to write right-handed.

Top Bottom