I'm going to say it... I hate summer!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calibanzwei

Whilst walking the dogs today, on about my thirtieth (no exaggeration) back to back sneeze....

Been there - equivalent to an orgasm? Feck off - my shoulders/forearms end up hurting after constant tensing.

There are different types of anti-histamine - now I know to take only Loratadine and at least two weeks before my prime season, which is 6 weeks from the end of May/start of July.

The one bright point is that I don't sneeze when out on the bike - though the runny nose is still there - so its actually a bit of a respite for me to go out on a ride. I'm sure there's some medical reason for this.

Me too - thats weird.

OP
OP
CopperCyclist

CopperCyclist

Veteran
As well as antihistamines, I've been doing a nasal rinse twice a day using one of these. It takes about a week to get used to, but once you get into a routine, it does make quite a difference.

Thanks for the tip, just ordered some. Also got some Benadryll while they are 2.99 for 12 capsules! Love the fact that above this offer there's the option to buy a 24 pack for 7.99!

qwiksilver

who needs a helmet
doug im like you only need to mention the sun and im lookin like a lobster and worst of all is this always happens
cyclist-tan-lines.png

Attachments

• cyclist-tan-lines.png
    cyclist-tan-lines.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 18

Maz

Guru
Presumably it's an urban myth that eating locally-sourced honey helps combat hayfever, right?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
As long as it's sunny, I don't mind what time of year it is, though spring is my least favourite season until the trees go green.

My sympathies for everyone with hayfever.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
In contrast to the many posts loving the nicer weather, I'm going to take a stand and announce my opposite standpoint!

I suffer from hay fever badly,

I really do sympathise. I've pals with really bad Hayfever and it is rotten. I get it a little, more in the evening as the stuff drops in the cool air and a lot more when on the motorbike (pure volume of air I guess) but can put it to bed with a clarytin...so its not an issue.

I once heard of a jab that you can get to help, have you tried this?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I've been doing a nasal rinse twice a day

Wouldn't a good, snotty and projectile sneeze do the same? ^_^

As long as it's sunny, I don't mind what time of year it is, though spring is my least favourite season until the trees go green.

Spring and Summer are my two least favourite seasons.

Spring, because everyone bangs on about how wonderful it is and how all the flowers are appearing etc etc (I find the likes of Countryfile practically unwatchable at this time of year becuase we are all supposed to be farting rainbows in sheer unadulterated joy!).

Yes, it is meant to happen, it is a SEASON, now get over it, please!

And, summer, because everyone bangs on about how wonderful it is, and everyone thinks the weather should be like the Med*.... and then when it is, or at least trying to, everyone then bloody well complains that it is TOO hot!!

* - And then, when surprise surprise, the weather ISN'T like the med, everyone complains.

Basically, summer in a nutshell:

When it is good weather, everyone complains.
When the weather is British, everyone complains.

And then you get the people like a taxi driver I had once who told me in all seriousness that

'It has been raining on and off for the last 17 days.'

I'm sorry, do people have big ruddy charts at home or something? I mean, get a life! seriously!!

I really do feel quite sorry for all you 'Weather Victims' out there, really, I do, you are all like bloody Zombies, except you are trying to catch the sun instead!

Peteaud

Veteran
Can / Do Bees get hayfever?

I love the summer, love the heat, just getting up in the morning and putting on shorts and a t shirt, not cold, damp, dark and miserable.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Maybe we should do some sort of big telathon thing to help all you 'Weather Victims', and buy you all a one way ticket to Australia or somewhere.

Give the rest of us some peace from all your constant complaining because yet again, shock horror, the weather isn't like it was during some faintly mythical summer when you were a kid!
:evil:

Yeah, just go, and don't hurry back!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ah yes, that summer 60 years ago.....did I tell you what a fab time we all had. I remember it well - it was the year that I got my first Macbook Pro, Adele was in the charts and I had just taken delivery of an S Works Venge. Fab.....

'The summers were so hot when I was a kid that people got stuck in the tar mid stride when they tried to cross the road, and we didn't wear anything for about 3 months of the year'.... ^_^

Top Bottom