I'm gonna be a star...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, ok, maybe star is bit strong. I'm going on Radio York's Breakfast Show, live on Monday morning to talk about my helmet cam.:thumbsup:

Just did a few prelim comments over the phone for them. I've managed so far, and intend to stay, measured and positive (Ihope!) - not so much "I've got a camera to nail you bastards" as "Mostly, actually York drivers are pretty good, but it's a jolly good educational tool, to perhaps help people understand what it's like to be cut up...". Plus of course, I've got a camera to nail you bastards...;)

Plus of course, there's the whole fun film making aspect too.

Any advice? Comments? I can't promise of course, to remember in the heat of the moment to bear any of them in mind! And if anything remotely exciting happens, like we hear we're getting a Primark, I might get bumped anyway....:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
You get a hundred points if you can get the word "Llangollen" into the interview. ;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
You get a hundred points if you can get the word "Llangollen" into the interview. ;)

Try and say "Llangollen", at ten past eight on a Monday morning, live on radio? I think I'd want a medal for achieving that!

I suppose if I sneeze, it might sound like I've said it...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yikes! Just had Look North on the phone....;) Guess what I'm doing Monday lunchtime!

It'll be John Humphreys next....

domtyler

Über Member
If you make it to Newsnight or sitting on the stage at the next Question Time can you get us all tickets?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
If you make it to Newsnight or sitting on the stage at the next Question Time can you get us all tickets?

:thumbsup:

I'll see what I can do.

Blimey, now I don't just have to sound human, I have to look human!

I bet it'll be too cold to wear my Cyclechat jersey...;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
:thumbsup:

I'll see what I can do.

Blimey, now I don't just have to sound human, I have to look human!

I bet it'll be too cold to wear my Cyclechat jersey...;)

You'll look stunning. Just smile and they'll be putty in your hands:biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
domtyler said:

And two hundred for 'baby elephant'!
Actually, that's easier than Llangollen, both to pronounce and to get into a sentence. Unless you're being interviewed about canal boats in wales, or, erm...*tries not to think about sheep* restored steam railways!

domtyler

Über Member
Actually I don't suppose I could get your autograph could I?

Just think, this time next year you could be the next Natasha Kerplonkski! ;)

Can you do ballroom dancing?

"So, why do you wear a helmet camera, cycling?"

"Well one never knows when one will see an escaped baby elephant from Llangollen crossing the road, does one?" :sad:

It's not going to work :sad:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Crackle said:
"So, why do you wear a helmet camera, cycling?"

"Well one never knows when one will see an escaped baby elephant from Llangollen crossing the road, does one?" :sad:

It's not going to work :sad:

You never know.... :smile:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
For my upcoming 40th birthday - today I bought an Archos 605 30Gb and the Archos helmet cam :sad:

I'm looking forward to getting a bit of the ol' Magnatom action :sad:

Not sure when I'll be using it for real on my commutes - probably once it's a bit lighter in the mornings. Until then, the 605 is going to make a brill portable media player / mobile internet device to play with.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
What about telling them that your two main reasons are to film funny things and share them with your friends, like those crazy cycle lanes, and that it's a good way to discuss how to improve your own and other peoples' riding through video review of a particularly difficult gyratory or junction? Then you can let the presenter come up with the idea of filming bad driving too, which will mention that there are lots of cyclists who now carry helmet cameras.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
BentMikey said:
What about telling them that your two main reasons are to film funny things and share them with your friends, like those crazy cycle lanes, and that it's a good way to discuss how to improve your own and other peoples' riding through video review of a particularly difficult gyratory or junction? Then you can let the presenter come up with the idea of filming bad driving too, which will mention that there are lots of cyclists who now carry helmet cameras.

Neat!

I'm very aware that both Radio and TV will prompt the usual "all cyclists RLJ etc" reactions, so I feel it's important to come across as a reasonable normal person, not an eco-warrior-nutter. If anyone has any hints on how to make myself appear like a reasonable normal person, I'd be grateful...:sad:

Top Bottom