I'm in love with my Fizik Aliante

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On my quest to find the perfect saddle for myself, I picked up a Fizik Aliante in red and black. After spending hours of research on various saddles, I decided to buy the Aliante. I have just spent 45 mins dialing the saddle in and my arse feels fine! The best way I can describe it as ' a moment'. My search ends. Forget Specialized, Sella Italia etc.......its the Fizik Aliante all the way. Just putting the comfort to one side, the look and attention to detail is amazing. They state handmade in Italy, and you can certainly see the workmanship! If anyone is out there on that same quest looking for the perfect saddle, just try the Aliante! It just may work for you! Aliante........I love you!;):girl:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Shows how saddles are such a personal thing. I stuck with the Aliante supplied with my bike for about 9 months and felt like Ned Beatty in Deliverance after every ride (look it up). I changed to a Specialized Toupe and all is now well. The construction of the Toupe is definitely a bit ordinary when compared with Italian saddles though.

dmb

I used to think the Aliante was excellent but then tried the Selle SMP pro even better

Gandalf

Veteran
Sounds like you took the same path as me, couldn't get on at all with the Specialized Toupe, though I haven't had a long ride on the Aliante yet.

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

To be honest, I thought the Toupe was extremely uncomfortable. However, the Aliante really works for me and is just pure class!

montage

God Almighty
A tip I heard is that once you find your perfect saddle, buy a spare as saddles are like car models - they change. Just a thought ;)

jpembroke

I've tried many saddles and the Fizik Arione is by far the best so far. I absolutely love it. The only other saddle that comes close is the Planet X Superlight Ti, which i have on my 'cross bike. But then that is a blatant rip off of the Fizik Arione anyway.

roadiewill

I was looking at getting a fizik saddle in a few weeks, the LBS will have some demo ones then. So the arione is the one to look out for?

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

roadiewill said:
I was looking at getting a fizik saddle in a few weeks, the LBS will have some demo ones then. So the arione is the one to look out for?

No.........Aliante!

There appears to be loads of used/second hand Arione saddles for sale at the moment.....perhaps there is a reason?????

Top Bottom