I'm in love with this Machine (2019 Giant Defy)

What will the UK price be

• £3999

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • £4399

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • £4799

• £4999+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been Looking for a do it all bike , climb , speed , comfortable .

Been looking into a new road bike for a while now i have built up my fitness and doing over 120 miles a week and aim to be doing 150 or more by new year .

There is so many bikes out there and as i have a Giant propel Aero bike i dont need another Aero bike .

been looking at Giant , Trek , Orbea , Giant again , Cube , Spesh , Giant again , Orbea again and now back to giant and the bike i have now seen now gives me goose bumps to a point that i know its the perfect bike for me . i never expected myself to fall in love with a road bike so much so im willing to spend big money on one where my previous Road bike only cost me £900 in a sale . I was all set for the Orbea Orca at around the £3799 mark but then i seen the New 2019 Giant Defy Advanced pro 0.

now im so eager to find out the price in UK money as thats not been anounced yet but it is $5300 .

UK pricing will be released around the 8th of this month but googling this and looking at different biking news sites is giving me a price of £4000 but we always get ripped off here so am i right in thinking this bike will be more like £4399 - £4799 ?

The current 2018 Defy Advanced Pro 0 is £3999 reduced to £3199 but now sold out near everywhere .

The 2019 Defy Advanced pro 0 is now disc brake only , new handlbars ,now hidden cables like the propel 2018 , and best of all it has a giant dual sided Power meter and Ultegra Di2 .. No dura ace im afraid .

I'm not sure on the rules in posting links but if there is such a rule then please delete .

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/2...aturing-d-fuse-handlebar-and-giants-new-power

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/global/defy-disc-range

Attachments

• full-bike-credit-sterling-lorence-photo.jpg
    full-bike-credit-sterling-lorence-photo.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 152
  • crank-credit-sterling-lorence-photo.jpg
    crank-credit-sterling-lorence-photo.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 176
  • d-fuse-technology.jpg
    d-fuse-technology.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 192
  • slorencephoto_giantdefy_009-1532952810670-1h32ovrw2jdtw-630-354.jpg
    slorencephoto_giantdefy_009-1532952810670-1h32ovrw2jdtw-630-354.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 140
  • V0I9673.jpg
    V0I9673.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 155
  • front-credit-sterling-lorence-photo.jpg
    front-credit-sterling-lorence-photo.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:

Serge

Über Member
Can you get me one as well?

vickster

Legendary Member
Ask your local Giant store, maybe they'll know, 8th only 3 days away. It'll then presumably be at least a month until you can get it.

I'd guess at 4-4.5k. The US price would have around 5-7% sales tax slapped on in most states and then covert into Sterling at around 1.3 and you have around £4300-4400 so not really ripped off :okay: of you want to spend that much. Don't forget to insure it!

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
The entire Defy range has always been popular, and with good reason. If maximum performance for your budget is your priority (as opposed to partial gruppo bling and cynical use of historic brand names on a Taiwanese frame to attract customers) then the Defy is pretty much the go to choice. This one looks rather delicious.

Probably a fine bike to ride - I have a used alu defy wchich is great for commutting/winter bike etc.

Have to say from those pictures that doesn't look like a £4k bike - for that money you can get offerings from Bianchi, Kuota, Cervelo - all about opinions I suppose !

Drago

Legendary Member
Have to say from those pictures that doesn't look like a £4k bike - for that money you can get offerings from Bianchi, Kuota, Cervelo - all about opinions I suppose !

The Bianchi and Cervelo frames are made by Carbotec in Taiwan - don't be fooled by the "Made in Italy" decal on a Bianchi - that's where assembly takes place, not the manufacture of the frame. Kuoto frames are also Taiwanese, though I don't recall offhand by whom. By looking at these brands you're not getting any "more" bike or performance, but instead a comparable product built with components manufactured in similar circumstances to the Giant.

If you like them, that's great, go for it, but don't think you're getting any more of anything, except perhaps the continuation of a brand name that bike assemblers like to call "heritage". This isn't tangible and can't be ridden or eaten, yet people pay more for it. Ergo people assume they're somehow better, when within the technical bounds of propelling a rider with the utmost efficiency, they are not. If that floats your boat, all power to you, but its not a valid reason to dismiss a bike from a more mainstream brand name in their favour.

Last edited:
The Bianchi and Cervelo frames are made by Carbotec in Taiwan - don't be fooled by the "Made in Italy" decal on a Bianchi - that's where assembly takes place, not the manufacture of the frame. Kuoto frames are also Taiwanese, though I don't recall offhand by whom. By looking at these brands you're not getting any "more" bike or performance, but instead a comparable product built with components manufactured in similar circumstances to the Giant.

If you like them, that's great, go for it, but don't think you're getting any more of anything, except perhaps the continuation of a brand name that bike assemblers like to call "heritage". This isn't tangible and can't be ridden or eaten, yet people pay more for it. Ergo people assume they're somehow better, when within the technical bounds of propelling a rider with the utmost efficiency, they are not. If that floats your boat, all power to you, but its not a valid reason to dismiss a bike from a more mainstream brand name in their favour.

But for £4k looks do come into it - and for that sort of money I would want a drool factor and IMO the Bianchi, Cervelo have that, and the Giant doesn't. (or maybe for the op does)
and in this case you aren't paying more for it.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
But for £4k looks do come into it - and for that sort of money I would want a drool factor and IMO the Bianchi, Cervelo have that, and the Giant doesn't. (or maybe for the op does)
and in this case you aren't paying more for it.
So because it doesn't have drool factor for you, then it doesn't have drool factor for anyone right?? Get over yourself......bianchi's are disgusting to look at in Celeste and cervelos are just well cervelos....

With a power meter and di2 the bike is well worth the 4K and does look a real good bike

So because it doesn't have drool factor for you, then it doesn't have drool factor for anyone right?? Get over yourself......bianchi's are disgusting to look at in Celeste and cervelos are just well cervelos....

With a power meter and di2 the bike is well worth the 4K and does look a real good bike

You need to read what is posted pal - I actually said "For the op maybe it does" (have a drool factor ) - I also said 'it all about opinions'

You can get a DI2 cube for £3k -, a Boardman di2 disc for approx £2.5k

For £4k - that bike wouldn't be on my shortlist - that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it - or that the OP shouldn't buy it - I was just offering my thoughts on comparably priced bikes.....

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You need to read what is posted pal - I actually said "For the op maybe it does" (have a drool factor ) - I also said 'it all about opinions'

You can get a DI2 cube for £3k -, a Boardman di2 disc for approx £2.5k

For £4k - that bike wouldn't be on my shortlist - that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it - or that the OP shouldn't buy it - I was just offering my thoughts on comparably priced bikes.....
And you obviously didn't read the title of the thread before making your post

The OP stated he was in love with this machine, which meant for him it had the drool factor........or did you miss that bit from your highlighted post..........

You can get most bikes with di2 for 2k, 3k, or 4K+...............but the OP wants and loves the giant.....not the bianchi or cervelos or pinarrello

OP
OP
killswitch73

killswitch73

The more I look at the bike more I love it can't wait to see it in person. And yes I've looked at all others and don't like Bianchi or the others. Only other I like is the Orbea Orca with di2 as then I can choose my own paint job . But this giant does it for me. I so think it has sick lines .

Top Bottom