I'm in love with this Machine (2019 Giant Defy)

What will the UK price be

• £3999

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • £4399

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • £4799

• £4999+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
killswitch73

killswitch73

UK RRP £4499, confirmed by my LBS (Giant Dealer)

Strange ive been to 2 shops localish to me even phoned 3 of them up and none of them know the price of it . even the reviews for the UK have not even been updated . whats the name of the shop and where you got this info ? i even phoned tredz , and other bike stores that stock giant . the bike wont even be in this country until November.

im going to say your local giant store is telling porkies !!

unless a price comes out in the next week then ok .. but i cant see it and i think all this is due to the brexit and no deal brexit ..

Rando

Veteran
If the £4499 price is correct (can't see it being much more expensive as its $5300 on US website) then it is a lot of bike for the money compared to other makes.
I for one am looking forward to seeing this in the flesh and sooner rather than later as I need a new bike !

OP
OP
killswitch73

killswitch73

Well i just phoned Newcastle store and guess what ............................................... Mike is Correct the Price is £4499 for advanced Pro 0

I still want it .. just have to sell another bike and put a bigger deposit down

OP
OP
killswitch73

killswitch73

If the £4499 price is correct (can't see it being much more expensive as its $5300 on US website) then it is a lot of bike for the money compared to other makes.
I for one am looking forward to seeing this in the flesh and sooner rather than later as I need a new bike !

the price is £4499 .. im only £200 on my avaluation but on last years model its up £500 but you get the power meter and new frame design .

Rando

Veteran
Well at that price I am going to order one ASAP !

OP
OP
killswitch73

killswitch73

im going to take them up on there free bike fit and test ride the Advanced 1 or 2 which is the same frame and out next month ..

Rando

Veteran
the price is £4499 .. im only £200 on my avaluation but on last years model its up £500 but you get the power meter and new frame design .

And the integrated stem/bar which I think looks great. Also believe it has discreet mudguard mounts too which the 2018 model did not .

OP
OP
killswitch73

killswitch73

And the integrated stem/bar which I think looks great. Also believe it has discreet mudguard mounts too which the 2018 model did not .
yes you are correct it does have the discreet mud guards .. i might invest in the mud guards as this will be first winter me out on the bike ,,, getting a bike in november could be a bit of a motivation kick.. i have a Tacx Neo for winter but a shiney new bike ...i will be outon it unless it snows .

and yes i love how clean it looks up front .. when i have the camera up front i wont hear the dreaded tapping of the cables the mic pics up .

I am intrigued - you can get a di2 bike for £2500 - £3000 - sure this has a built in power meter - but that hardly accounts for £1500-2000 - I don't get why this is such a good deal

Top Bottom