I'm in love with this Machine (2019 Giant Defy)

What will the UK price be

• £3999

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • £4399

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • £4799

• £4999+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am intrigued - you can get a di2 bike for £2500 - £3000 - sure this has a built in power meter - but that hardly accounts for £1500-2000 - I don't get why this is such a good deal
Heart over head given the thread title perhaps :smile: obviously he thinks it's special for some reason

Last edited:

Rando

Veteran
I am intrigued - you can get a di2 bike for £2500 - £3000 - sure this has a built in power meter - but that hardly accounts for £1500-2000 - I don't get why this is such a good deal

Well list these bikes then ! The Giant is the Advanced Pro frame so only one down I believe from the top , it has carbon wheels that get good reviews in their own right, full shimano R8070 di2 groupset and power meter so compared to many this is a good deal.

Heart over head given the thread title perhaps :smile: obviously he thinks it's special for some reason

Nothing wrong with that. In any case such a bike would be out of my league financially - so I am not well versed with bikes at this price point -

But as has been said up thread £2.5k gets you a di2 bike - from boardman, cannondale, dolan, orro, canyon and I am sure more many more.

Just to repeat if this and only this is what the op wants, then of course go for it - but it isn't a breakthrough bargain

OP
OP
killswitch73

killswitch73

Nothing wrong with that. In any case such a bike would be out of my league financially - so I am not well versed with bikes at this price point -

But as has been said up thread £2.5k gets you a di2 bike - from boardman, cannondale, dolan, orro, canyon and I am sure more many more.

Just to repeat if this and only this is what the op wants, then of course go for it - but it isn't a breakthrough bargain

Neither is a pinnarello dogma f10 frame that costs how much ?

Same price as this whole bike !!

£4499 just for the frame and that frame looks better that the giant by a mile but that’s just an insane price just for a frame . I know where to draw the line and where my limits are for a new road bike and a road bike that will last me 4-5 years at least as I’ve had my propel for 3 years now and that will be used on the neo for training or a spare bike for a friend or the wife or use it as a sprint bike .now I’m doing over 50 mile single rides I need something more confortable and this time next year I will be doing 100 mile single rides.

The giant defy is good value for 2019 model bike (Yes there is 2018 model bikes on sale) . I wouldn’t say it’s a Bargain because it’s not , it’s just not as expensive as other bikes with same spec with Carbon wheels and life time warranty .( the orbea orca was more money)

when I’m paying £78 a month out of my own hard earned money after paying a deposit of £750 it’s better than buying it out right and due to me already selling one of my MTBs for £1250 and then another for £2500 (minimum) later then that’s it’s nearly paid for .

Yes there is bikes out there that are cheaper but nothing has struck me until I seen this.

I have been searching a while and it came down to the giant or the orbea orca . As I said before I planned on buying this years defy advanced pro 0 model but can’t find it anywhere in a medium at £3,199 sale price .as when I went to buy it on tredz (on 48 month finance) it had sold out in my size .

When I said I’m in love with this machine i should of just said wow this is a nice bike and it’s what I’m after !! Putting that heading in got you in this thread commenting on it !

I’m wondering what kind of responses you give other people on this site with twice the cost of this bike .

Neither is a pinnarello dogma f10 frame that costs how much ?

Same price as this whole bike !!

£4499 just for the frame and that frame looks better that the giant by a mile but that’s just an insane price just for a frame . I know where to draw the line and where my limits are for a new road bike and a road bike that will last me 4-5 years at least as I’ve had my propel for 3 years now and that will be used on the neo for training or a spare bike for a friend or the wife or use it as a sprint bike .now I’m doing over 50 mile single rides I need something more confortable and this time next year I will be doing 100 mile single rides.

The giant defy is good value for 2019 model bike (Yes there is 2018 model bikes on sale) . I wouldn’t say it’s a Bargain because it’s not , it’s just not as expensive as other bikes with same spec with Carbon wheels and life time warranty .( the orbea orca was more money)

when I’m paying £78 a month out of my own hard earned money after paying a deposit of £750 it’s better than buying it out right and due to me already selling one of my MTBs for £1250 and then another for £2500 (minimum) later then that’s it’s nearly paid for .

Yes there is bikes out there that are cheaper but nothing has struck me until I seen this.

I have been searching a while and it came down to the giant or the orbea orca . As I said before I planned on buying this years defy advanced pro 0 model but can’t find it anywhere in a medium at £3,199 sale price .as when I went to buy it on tredz (on 48 month finance) it had sold out in my size .

When I said I’m in love with this machine i should of just said wow this is a nice bike and it’s what I’m after !! Putting that heading in got you in this thread commenting on it !

I’m wondering what kind of responses you give other people on this site with twice the cost of this bike .

I dont beleive I have mentioned pinarello as an alternative ......have I ?

I am not in the market for £4k price bikes ..so perhaps dont know the market as well as you do !

It wasnt my intention to offend ...and on the whole my advice would be by the bike that makes you happy ! ...

(that will be the Giant for you !)

Heigue'r

Veteran
Now on giant uk's website.....Im looking at either the TCR sl disc,love the rainbow black or the TCR pro disc 2..the pro is less than half the price of the sl but like the OP here,I want a bike for the next 4 or 5 years and the sl would do it for me.

Serge

Über Member
Now on giant uk's website.....Im looking at either the TCR sl disc,love the rainbow black or the TCR pro disc 2..the pro is less than half the price of the sl but like the OP here,I want a bike for the next 4 or 5 years and the sl would do it for me.
Oh yes! I love the rainbow black too, very sleek.

I've just realised "rainbow black" makes no sense. Seven different shades of black maybe?

Heigue'r

Veteran
Oh yes! I love the rainbow black too, very sleek.

I've just realised "rainbow black" makes no sense. Seven different shades of black maybe?

Specs of colour that show up in the light.

Screenshot_20180819-192919_Facebook.jpg

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I like it, and price is just relative, relative to what as an individual you'd be willing/afford to pay ..
Aesthetically everything is personal by choice ..
I think 'Look' bikes are lovely most I know don't ..
Boring World we'd live in if we all liked/rode the same thing ..

Top Bottom