I'm just off to look at a Boardman.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

P.S. I would not buy a bike without at least a 10 minute test ride. You really can't judge fit and handling in less.
This is why I wouldn't buy a bike from Halfords. Whilst they can get away with it, they will do. If they think that they are losing business to other makes because buyers can get test rides, that might start to change their approach.

Until then, if you like the Boardman, you should try a Spesh Sirrus. In fact, you can try a Spesh Sirrus, even up a hill, and then you can tell Halfords why you didn't buy their Boardman.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
To be honest I dont know how much you gain from riding a few hundred meters on a test ride anyway. As you allready have bikes see how the frame measurements compare or even put them side by side for a comparison. Go on you know you want to ^_^
A few hundred meters? Evans let me take bikes for several miles at a time :smile:

simon.r

Person
Not a reason not to buy, but have you thought about trying a different frame material? Steel is probably the only alternative at that price point. Might be worth trying a steel framed bike as an alternative to aluminium and seeing what you think before parting with your cash.

Top Bottom