I'm just off to look at a Boardman.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
I'm just popping out to look at a Boardman Fi Hybrid.

I'll be back in a couple of hours, when I'll be expecting you to have provided me with a list of very good reasons why I dont need to spend £500 on another bike.

I already have a Specialized Myka for rough stuff, and a Dawes Sonoran that is my commuter, shopper, lady who lunches bike that the boardman would replace - reason being that the Dawes is a tad too big for me and is quite heavy, and I have problems adjusting the brakes (prefer disc brakes).

Back soon....

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Don't be silly, this is a cycle forum. The answer is always N+1.:addict:

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Oh dear.

The Boardman fits me beautifully, man wouldn't let me take it outside though - Bah!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
To be honest I dont know how much you gain from riding a few hundred meters on a test ride anyway. As you allready have bikes see how the frame measurements compare or even put them side by side for a comparison. Go on you know you want to ^_^

N+1 is never wrong. (except when your other half sees the card statement. Oops. )

It's never wrong period! Its just that your other half needs to spend many more hours meditating in a bike shop before they can attain your state of enlightenment. ;). It's al in Zen and the art of bicycle buying.

P.S. I would not buy a bike without at least a 10 minute test ride. You really can't judge fit and handling in less.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oh dear.

The Boardman fits me beautifully, man wouldn't let me take it outside though - Bah!

That sounds like a done deal to me. Enjoy!:smile:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I do!

You're right about riding it a few hundred metres. I wanted to try it up a hill - hills are my nemesis, wanted to see if felt easier on a lighter bike!

The Fi hybrid is a compact double , I cant find out what size the largest cog on the rear cassette is from the website,

if you dont like hills then the bigger the cog on the back the easier you can spin up hill without strain. If you have a close look at the cassette you will be able to see the number stamped on them.You want at least a 28 tooth cog or even a 32 if you live in a hilly area.Alternatively look for a different bike with a triple crankset on the front.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
The OH is actively encouraging me - he's about to buy a road bike - we love bikes!
You need a front room like ours^_^
Image1jpgdebbike.jpg

Top Bottom