I'm loving the new forum layout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
I've installed an add-on that defaults Watched content to the old behaviour of only showing unread initially - there is now a filter option for you to select other views if you want to see all watched threads - along with some new selection options that were not in the old software. :okay:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
No problems here at all - but I use a PC. Can't stand trying to browse the internet on a tiny screen! It drives me mad whenever I have to use my phone.

Drago

Legendary Member
Darker style is brilliant, a huge step forward for dyslexics, those who suffer with tired eyes, and folk who wear glasses for screen work and reading. I'm all of those.

To make perfect might suggest that instead of a pale blue-gray that a cream be considered. The cream background I'm this typing box is so nice that my eyes are crying tears of joy - if it, or a similar hue, could be used on the main pages then the site has made a huge leap forward in terms of accessibility.

And top marks for all the hard work so far. I can't even begin to imagine the number of virgins sacrificed to power the witchcraft that made all this possible.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've installed an add-on that defaults Watched content to the old behaviour of only showing unread initially - there is now a filter option for you to select other views if you want to see all watched threads - along with some new selection options that were not in the old software. :okay:

Perfect, thanks

benb

Evidence based cyclist
One other small bug. The browser thinks the page is the whole height of the screen, but the fixed header obviously comes down onto the scroll area a bit. So if you use the page down button on your keyboard, it actually scrolls a bit too far.

No biggie if it can't be fixed.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
One other small bug. The browser thinks the page is the whole height of the screen, but the fixed header obviously comes down onto the scroll area a bit. So if you use the page down button on your keyboard, it actually scrolls a bit too far.

No biggie if it can't be fixed.
Same here. Plus on one mobile device (old version of chrome IIRC), avatars are full screen height but only on posts and alerts that I've noticed so far, not threadlistings like forums or watched threads pages. What's with that?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That was my favourite way of accessing the forum. And I think I have a workaround that replicates it.

Click new posts. Check unread threads and watched content. Also check save as default.

Now every time you go to https://www.cyclechat.net/whats-new/posts you get what you used to get at watched/threads

Er ... I think
The more I use my workaround above the more convinced I am that I am a genius :smile: . It works really well.

- It's directly connected to the little lightning flash on mobile
- It gives you a list of watched threads with unread updates
- With a single click (remove the watched filter) it gives you all threads with unread updates.

Top Bottom