I'm not from London, but I drove through it yesterday!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidg

I bet you're willing to compromise rule 2 for Shakira! why is her video always on when I go to the gym?!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Sorry David, Shakira's not my type ;)and that recent song of hers was awful!

Another one thinks I have XY chromosome!!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Class tube passengers...the woman (and yes, it generally is a woman) with a cold who sits on the opposite seat and sniffs every 20 seconds or so, all the way

....sniff.......sniff......sniff....sniff....sniff.......sniff......sniff....sniff

OH FOR KSJGFJKFGWjf USE A SJKDHFJKAS HANDKERCHIEF CAN'T YOU?
(you don't say)

HobbesChoice

Rhythm Thief said:
Didn't Houdini specialize in getting out of tight spaces?

:smile::smile:

Yes, but didn't he have to get himself in to the tight space he would then got out of though?

Sorry RT - I am obviously being pedantic now! :smile: :laugh:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
ttcycle said:
Sorry David, Shakira's not my type ;)and that recent song of hers was awful!

Another one thinks I have XY chromosome!!

Just the recent one?

On the xy point...Maybe we should ask Shaun to add a Male/Female glyph next to our avitar's...on second thoughts, nah, it's more fun trying to work it out;)

(been doing that for 5 months on the road...some of the things the guys wear!!...its all so confusing)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Lol I was trying to be kind- she has a good voice but crap songs overall!

Well I don't mind being thought of as a guy - means I get treated as an 'equal' of sorts. Feels odd though when people start speculating on my taste in men and women..lol!

Jonny...how come you're online - surely you're still fighting with the overshoes

davidg

I have to admit that I havent actually heard the song as never plug into the TV channel for that....

just watch...

here is an interesting one!

34s5o4y.jpg

oh and sorry TT!

chap

Veteran
BentMikey said:
I don't know why you guys think it's hardcore. It's easy riding in traffic like that, and it's fun. I often find fast country roads much more scary and intimidating because of the much much higher relative speeds.

Yup, it's no man's land when speed camera's are neigh. All these idiotic drivers hurling it down country paths. The main thing I guess is to be seen.

chap

Veteran
Wow, the subsequent family dinner must have been awkward.

davidg said:
I have to admit that I havent actually heard the song as never plug into the TV channel for that....

just watch...

here is an interesting one!

34s5o4y.jpg

oh and sorry TT!

jonny jeez said:
+1000000000

I sometimes dread the quiet bit toward my house, it's lonely, with fast cars, sometimes foggy and a whole lot colder.........(;)Plus you can't get a good latte for, love or money;))

The centre of town (which is actually pretty small) is always my favourite part of the commute.

There are plenty of "comrades" around, very slow cars and hardly any HGV's (only busses and they are very aware of us being on the road).

If you get into trouble in the sticks, you can be lying in a ditch for days without someone noticing.

I would say the dodgiest part of my commute is the burb's, or south east London.

Places like Peckham/Lewisham (greater London) are rammed with HGV's, tons of school-kids (and mum's in delivery wagons) and faster moving vehicles all very keen to get a few feet closer to the car in front.

So, much as I enjoy the accolade (thanks!), its more deserved by those who have more "suburban" commute, in my opinion

Yeah got to agree.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
BentMikey said:
I don't know why you guys think it's hardcore. It's easy riding in traffic like that, and it's fun. I often find fast country roads much more scary and intimidating because of the much much higher relative speeds.

Absolutely.
One thing I'm looking forward to over the Christmas period is staying at the MIL's in sarf London and cycling 'up-town' on a few occasions. I really cut my cycling teeth in London and I still love it. It's fun, it really is. The bicycle and the busy urban environment were meant for each other.

rh100

In trouble said:
MAN ALIVE !!!!! I had to drive to the centre of London for work, and hit it around 5pm. It was stop start chaos for an hour, cyclists, motorcyclists, scooters, pedestrians all vying for position to make another few yards.:smile:

It took me an hour to drive two miles !!!!!!! I kept wondering why there aren't more cyclists, because there weren't that many, but boy, you have to earn your stripes there if you are a cyclist.

I have an 18 mile commute, most of it in the country where I might see 1 car over a 9 mile stretch in the morning, and boy am I thankful now.

Hats off to all you London commuters !!!!!!:ohmy:

I drove in the other week on a Saturday night. Had been parked in Hammersmith all day but fetched the car to pick the others up from Westminster. Found the bottom end of Kensington to be busiest, but found Westminster to be quite easy. I guess Saturday evenings don't compare to rush hour though.

I took a wrong turn at one point, but I love the fact you can navigate to the centre just by looking for that bloomin great wheel on the skyline. I enjoyed it.

I reckon by bike would be a great way to see the sights - on a quiet day though.

Norm

rh100 said:
I reckon by bike would be a great way to see the sights - on a quiet day though.
It is a fantastic way to do it, although I also love doing it on foot. It's only 3 miles (depending on the route) from Buck House to The Tower and you cover most of the bits that need seeing in that space.

Also fab by motorbike, I am not so worried about how busy it is.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
rh100 said:

Early Sunday Mornings are a great time to cycle in Central London and the City's quiet for most of the day. Great time to explore in relative peace.

Top Bottom