I'm Not Trusting Technology Again, Learned The Hard Way...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
drago cant stand technology, he made the above post using only slate and chalk

I'm the same with compasses and GPS...

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
BFECE421-216C-4B20-A73D-FCA387A4BC6F.jpeg
I found this in the hotel lobby. Looks better than a jeffrey archer book. Free too...

I'm not really in a position to be picky.

Attachments

• 663E56FB-A735-4D42-8D81-274A60A3128D.jpeg
    663E56FB-A735-4D42-8D81-274A60A3128D.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

You will definitely like the Amazon Paperwhite.
Even easier to use and read than the original Kindle.
Completely different from a tablet.

It's a bit irritating that you have to pay an extra tenner for the version without "special offers". Be money well spent I can't stand adverts. Thanks though. I think I'm going to buy one.

I hope the touch screen has improved. My ex wife had the first touch screen 4th Gen one. I had the one with buttons. It was way better with buttons. The touch screen was pants. I'm sure it has though. It really had to..

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've come on holiday to Lanzarote, I always love reading and chilling out. I bring my 9 year old basic Kindle. Anyway when I got it out to read the screen is broken. Only half of it is working. It was fine when I set off. So now I have nothing to read. Or use the app on a phone, not the same. I'll have a look in the local shops. Probably end up reading some total crap..

In going to buy a new one. But the next time I go away anyway I'm going to bring a couple of proper books as a backup. You just cannot trust electronics..

Just a warning to others I guess. Can't beat a proper book, it just can't fail, can it? Unless it catches fire...

Are those new paper white kindles worth the cash? I'm not a huge reader. Or is there another independent brand that doesn't tie you to the big "A"...?

We have two here and they have always survived our various travel trips. Maybe pack it a bit safer or buy a padded case for it? Or both!

Both of ours are Paperwhites and the lighting on them is very good - much better than the old bottom of the screen glow lights.

New Paperwrite out now and it is waterproof to 2m.

Touch screen works brilliantly.

As an aside I'm not sure why some people confuse Kindle screens with computer screens - totally different technology with the Kindle screen looking just like a piece of paper and with zero eye strain. Plus they are easy to read on the brightest of days.

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

We have two here and they have always survived our various travel trips. Maybe pack it a bit safer or buy a padded case for it? Or both!

Both of ours are Paperwhites and the lighting on them is very good - much better than the old bottom of the screen glow lights.

New Paperwrite out now and it is waterproof to 2m.

It was in a padded case. And in my hand luggage. I don't recall it taking any impact at all. It's pretty old though. I like fixing things. I'm sure I could repair this quite easily. The screen isn't cracked or anything. Just failed. I think I'll just buy the new one. I can't complain how long it has lasted and the countries it has been to. I think I'll always bring a paperback or two now though.

Waterproof sounds good to read in the bath etc. Thanks for the advice..

Top Bottom