Im off for the snip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Fnaar said:
:sad::smile:

A common misconception (:biggrin:) about vasectomies... no affect on one's 'performance' whatsoever. AND you get the instruction to 'bash one off' as much as possible in the ensuing week... :sad: to clear the pipes, as it were.

I've told the story before on here, but the nurse at the op (a bit unprofessionally, but very nicely) complimented me on my cyclist's legs. :smile:

Actually not entirely a misconception. There can be both mental and physical side effects. Most are remedied quite easily though. Some are permanent, such as the potential for reduced volume of emissions, for example.

On the mental side, you have to be mental to go ahead with it :biggrin: No, I was going to say, make absolutely sure you do want to go ahead with it. Nothing worse than being presented with a medical authority to sign whilst the nurse is giving you a final shave and thinking "hang on, is this really what I want...............?".

Shaun

Founder
I don't know how, but I thought this was a Travel thread. I read it as "I'm off for the ship" ... :biggrin:

colly

Re member eR
Had it done 23 years ago after the birth of my daughter.

I felt fine so worked the following day and regretted it for the next week.:biggrin::sad:

Other than that no problems at all.:biggrin::biggrin:

battered

Guru
Not me, my Dad - he was OK at first then got a post op infection, at which point things started sweling. His doctor examined him and commented "They really are impressive" after my Dad had said "Leave the swelling Doctor, just take away the pain" (copyright Tommy Cooper, circa 1963). Antibiotics sorted it out after a few days.

C

chillyuk

I also had mine done under a General Anaesthetic. It was done Friday morning and I was back at work on Monday, but my work at that time was relatively sedentary. I just felt like I had been kicked in the balls that afternoon but it went off over the weekend.

postman

Legendary Member
Don't worry it's not the snip you ought to be woried about .

It's that very LARGE needle.You have no idea were it's going ,the second one YOU do .

20 years ago i spent three days in Seacroft Hospital having the thing put back together again .It worked first time .

Mind you i do lean to one side .

Fnaar said:
:rain::smile:

A common misconception (:laugh:) about vasectomies... no affect on one's 'performance' whatsoever. AND you get the instruction to 'bash one off' as much as possible in the ensuing week... :shy: to clear the pipes, as it were.

I've told the story before on here, but the nurse at the op (a bit unprofessionally, but very nicely) complimented me on my cyclist's legs. :wacko:

I was told it takes about 50 'goes' to 'clear the pipes', you'll never have a better excuse to ask for a BJ!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
ChrisKH said:
Producing the sample in the hospital if you live too far away, is even more so.

The third sample I had to produce, (the second still had some of the live buggers in their), was produced in the hospital. I had to go and collect a third sample pot and couldn't be bothered to go home and back again. The receptionist did seem a little surprised when I handed over a warm sample:ohmy:

Top Bottom