I'm off to Sainsburys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
If you're partial to the ol' whiksy, the Ben Bracken Islay single malt I had first dibs at last night proved to be most salubrious. Like a not quite so inyerface Laphroiag, and way nicer than a sub£20 bottle has any business being.

I got this earlier this week. Absolute bargain at £17.49. One of my lads usually gives me an expensive malt as my present. I’m looking forward to making the comparison.

Shopping for booze yesterday I was choosing beer for my boys to drink, aged 25 and 31. It suddenly dawned on me neither of them as ever turned up for any meal, let alone Christmas, with a bottle of wine or other contribution. How does that work?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
9F87716A-2F35-4B3E-9206-72360AE900AA.jpeg

Finished ^_^

Julia9054

Guru
I got this earlier this week. Absolute bargain at £17.49. One of my lads usually gives me an expensive malt as my present. I’m looking forward to making the comparison.

Shopping for booze yesterday I was choosing beer for my boys to drink, aged 25 and 31. It suddenly dawned on me neither of them as ever turned up for any meal, let alone Christmas, with a bottle of wine or other contribution. How does that work?
They need a well brought up girlfriend. My sons are the same if left to themselves. The eldest now always turns up with a small gift but it's definitely not down to him!

vickster

Legendary Member

Don't buy them anything...they'll soon learn after the 3rd glass of tap water or mug of tea while watching you drinking the wine you bought ;)

I was at Tesco at 8am, picking up some "stuff" and the carpark was almost empty - there were more staff wheeling cages around the shop than there were shoppers pushing trolleys. I was in and out in 10 minutes with everything I needed.

I picked up most of what we'll be having at the farmer's market which was held yesterday - it was busy but all done within 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member

My 22 year old lad came home on Wednesday evening with 6 nice bottles of wine. I asked him who they were for.... “us” was his reply.

I do still need to get some decent cheese but that apart our shopping is complete.

On Christmas Eve I too will be found yellow stickering for the freezer. Amazing deals can often be found - I got a whole trout, enough for two, for £1.57 last week and a sea bass for £1.97!!! Got topside of beef 50% down yesterday.

I've gotten really lucky with cheese on YS of late. :biggrin: Amongst others, got a 250g chunk of expensive Stilton for 46p. Can put together a rather fine cheese board. :hungry:

Off to Tesco tonight to see what's to be found. :blush:

gbb

Legendary Member
Todays shop wasn't too bad, we must have been to 4 shops searching for this and that but an early set off saw us get through it ok'ish. Still couldnt find proper new potatoes in Aldi, Sainsburys or Morrisons...meh.
This afternoon I fancy a ride, so cycled about 4 miles to Waitrose...yessss, proper new potatoes. Town was by that time mental, queues of traffic everywhere. You can feel very smug on a bike occasionally .

Top Bottom