"I'm pregnant and I wear glasses!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
do you actually ride, or do you sit there like some smug know feck all.

i have a lot more room to avoid iron work in a carriageway so it is a massive difference

the segregated bit floods because it hasn't been built correctly, but there is no impetus to correct it because LCC and the segregationist cockwombles et al are crowing about how good it is . when in all reality its the worst idea since letting Jimmy Saville loose in a kids hospital.

as for the "little booklet" yeah i know I read it when i passed my test. sadly i now know that if i drive like a cock i am likely to NOT get prosecuted , why that is i am not sure, but it might be for a few good reasons we all know.

and the last comment is just so disingenuous as to be nuts . you say yourself the car was being driven at 100mph in a 30. NFN i suppose

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
do you actually ride, or do you sit there like some smug know feck all.
I've 3800 miles recorded so far this year (up to 8 Nov - and probably some that I forgot to record) and I've been riding for decades. Not as much as many here, I know, but I don't ride every day. Thanks for asking. Now maybe you can stop trying to insult me and stick to the topic!

i have a lot more room to avoid iron work in a carriageway so it is a massive difference
A lot more room, but chance of a following driver claiming you did a suicide swerve in front of them.

the segregated bit floods because it hasn't been built correctly, but there is no impetus to correct it because LCC and the segregationist cockwombles et al are crowing about how good it is .
You mean crowing about it in news releases like "Extreme danger at new junction on Cycle Superhighway 2"? :rolleyes:

As for segregationist cockwombles et al, they're in your imagination, so I leave you to argue with them :tongue:

subaqua

What’s the point
I've 3800 miles recorded so far this year (up to 8 Nov - and probably some that I forgot to record) and I've been riding for decades. Not as much as many here, I know, but I don't ride every day. Thanks for asking. Now maybe you can stop trying to insult me and stick to the topic!

A lot more room, but chance of a following driver claiming you did a suicide swerve in front of them.

You mean crowing about it in news releases like "Extreme danger at new junction on Cycle Superhighway 2"? :rolleyes:

As for segregationist cockwombles et al, they're in your imagination, so I leave you to argue with them :tongue:

I ride in primary, and in the case of CS2 it would be the bus lane , which at the times most people ride are operational. so generally bus drivers , and along that route are fairly decent, and i never had an issue with them .

surely the fact that people are getting hurt shows it doesn't work without all the requirements being in place i.e education, prosecution and robust sentencing

shows how much you actually know about CS 2 and its problems .

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
surely the fact that people are getting hurt shows it doesn't work without all the requirements being in place i.e education, prosecution and robust sentencing
I'd agree that painted lanes like the one at that junction probably won't work without those. Those things are currently fragmented with highway design being TfL, education being boroughs, prosecution being police and CPS and sentencing being the judiciary, so it really needs the national government to get a grip and get all those parts to push in the same direction, but there's no sign of such strong leadership under David "localised" Cameron.

Top Bottom