Im Starting a Cycle Club In Preston,Lancashire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclecraig

Hello All

I have recently moved house away from my old Cycle Club.

I now live in Clayton Le Woods on the outskirts of Preston,Lancashire.

I am looking for any local riders who would be interested in joining my Cycle Club which I have decided to start. All ability's are welcome as long as you have the right equipment and a passion for cycling.The kit is designed and looks fantastic,the winter jerseys are due any day so we can have everyone in club jerseys for the winter club runs.

It will have the usual Sunday Club Runs of 50-80 miles out to various cafes in the Trough Of Bowland.The meeting point will be The Pines Hotel on the A6 in Clayton Le Woods probably at 8.45am for a 9am push off.
My club has full sponsorship from the bike manufacturer Onix Bikes and this comes with a number of benefits including discounts on Club Clothing and discounts on there Carbon Components.If you have not heard of Onix Bikes yet,you will do next year!!!

We have plans to have club trips abroad in the future as well as many other exciting ideas.

1 Year membership is only £10 but you will need to buy your club kit at some point but as mentioned earlier you get a discount on it as a member.

One other thing I feel I should probably mention is that I own the company Onix Bikes Ltd so its safe to say I will look after my club riders.

Anyone who is interested please email me at sales@onixbikes.co.uk
I look forward to hearing from you!
Regards
Craig

The club website is at http://www.onixsport...o.uk/index.html
The Onix website is at www.onixbikes.co.uk

Good luck to you, I hope it's a huge success.

mossy

Aye .Good luck!

Its nice to see trying to put back into the sport.
Hope it successful but a bit to far to travel for me from the midlands but we have friends in Preston so you may get a guest rider next year.

OP
OP
C

cyclecraig

The idea has been slightly revised to this now which works a lot beter I think

I am looking for any local riders who would be interested in meeting up through the winter for Sunday Runs of 50-80 miles out to various cafes in the Trough Of Bowland.The meeting point will be The Pines Hotel on the A6 in Clayton Le Woods probably at 8.45am for a 9am push off.

The idea for the future is to build the numbers of the group through the winter and at some point form a cycle club.

The club name will be chosen by the members and the kit will be sponsored and provided by the bike manufacturer Onix Bikes Ltd.

Members will decide on the club membership fee structure and appointment of a club secretary and any other positions within the club itself.

My main aim has always been to build a group of people to ride with and to use Onix Bikes as a sponsor to help the club establish itself.

I hope to hear from you and meet up with you in the near future for a ride.

Craig

Eddie

I'm in the preston area and it sounds good to me - only just starting out so will leave it a little while before signing up but good to know there of a club in the local area.
biggrin.gif

Garz

Squat Member
I live between Bolton and Manchester so may not be ideally located but I do enjoy riding around the trough and meet up with my friend in Morecambe around there when I can. Sounds okay, good luck from me also!

onb

Guru
Hello All

I have recently moved house away from my old Cycle Club.

I now live in Clayton Le Woods on the outskirts of Preston,Lancashire.

I am looking for any local riders who would be interested in joining my Cycle Club which I have decided to start. All ability's are welcome as long as you have the right equipment and a passion for cycling.The kit is designed and looks fantastic,the winter jerseys are due any day so we can have everyone in club jerseys for the winter club runs.

It will have the usual Sunday Club Runs of 50-80 miles out to various cafes in the Trough Of Bowland.The meeting point will be The Pines Hotel on the A6 in Clayton Le Woods probably at 8.45am for a 9am push off.
My club has full sponsorship from the bike manufacturer Onix Bikes and this comes with a number of benefits including discounts on Club Clothing and discounts on there Carbon Components.If you have not heard of Onix Bikes yet,you will do next year!!!

We have plans to have club trips abroad in the future as well as many other exciting ideas.

1 Year membership is only £10 but you will need to buy your club kit at some point but as mentioned earlier you get a discount on it as a member.

One other thing I feel I should probably mention is that I own the company Onix Bikes Ltd so its safe to say I will look after my club riders.

Anyone who is interested please email me at sales@onixbikes.co.uk
I look forward to hearing from you!
Regards
Craig

The club website is at http://www.onixsport...o.uk/index.html
The Onix website is at www.onixbikes.co.uk

onb

Guru
You may want to hook up with these peeps.

http://www.freckchaingang.org.uk/

OP
OP
C

cyclecraig

Thanks for all the info.

Paul and Eddie, the 1st ride is going to be on Sunday 15th.
It will just be a 50mile flat easy pace ride to start off with a cafe stop.
There may only be a few of us but you have to start somewhere.

I will start a new post about the 1st ride to try to drum up some more interest.

I look forward to meeting you!
Craig

Top Bottom