Importing a Bike Frame from USA! Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
popeye6476

popeye6476

Oh guys thanks so much for all the advice and Suggestions.

the frameset actually for a very good friend of mine. He already has a orange pinarello road bike (dont remeber the model). And just trying to get a matching set.
We all know we can buy awesome bikes from our local bike shops. These purchases are not dome by the brain. Its all heart 😁.
Me personally, I’d get a PlanetX, a family holiday and a car instead. 😉

all the info is much appreciated. I just offers help to look at all options.Also contacting some bike builders and small shops selling Pinarello bikes. So far only found one in red. You never know someone might have this exact frameset in stock or display

if anyone knows of a bike shop like that please let me know.

HAPPY EASTER!

OP
OP
popeye6476

popeye6476

I think the pannier rack and mudguards might be a bit of an engineering challenge. On balance, probably better to stick to a Dawes Galaxy....
lol imagine putting lights, mirrors and reflectors on it as well😂

OP
OP
popeye6476

popeye6476

The good news is that if you're importing the frame only, the duty rate is only 4.7% compared to the 14% for complete bicycles (plus another 50% anti-dumping duty for Chinese origin bikes). The duty is then added to the invoice value and shipping costs and VAT is levied on that total. plus any admin fee charged by the courier for making the Customs declaration on your behalf.
Thanks. Thats very helpful info. Much appreciated 👍

OP
OP
popeye6476

popeye6476

Also remembered that i have cousin living in Italy and her husband is a cyclist. Will give her a call maybe he has some contacts that can help with this.
the hunt is on!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Not avoid. Just make sure I only pay what needs to be paid. I know that whole bikes and pile parts are charged differently.

When your mate gets the invoice for the duty and VAT. It is all broken down. So your mate will get to check whether it is correct. Once paid the frame will be released for delivery. Your mate will get to choose the delivery date.

Top Bottom