Improvements? Are they down to the new bike or me just trying harder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Gone from a 10kg Boardman cx to a carbon 8.5 kg with semi aero wheels in the last few days. New bike is much stiffer and feel most of my effort is going straight through to the transmission, rather than being wasted on a flexing frame etc. Anyway, picked up loads of PBs on first two rides, but just wondering about the opinions of others who have upgraded bikes and found significant improvements: how much is due to the bike being lighter, more aero and stiffer or am I just trying harder to justify buying it!?

Tin Pot

Guru
The improvements are down to whichever you want them to be :smile:

Gone from a 10kg Boardman cx to a carbon 8.5 kg with semi aero wheels in the last few days. New bike is much stiffer and feel most of my effort is going straight through to the transmission, rather than being wasted on a flexing frame etc. Anyway, picked up loads of PBs on first two rides, but just wondering about the opinions of others who have upgraded bikes and found significant improvements: how much is due to the bike being lighter, more aero and stiffer or am I just trying harder to justify buying it!?

IMG_4171.JPG

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Aero helps to shave a few seconds off . Enjoy the new bike :okay:

Slick

Guru
Same effect as go faster stripes on your new trainers when you were a kid. Nothing wrong with it, I've been enjoying the sane effect myself for a while now, items magic.:thumbsup:

S-Express

As suggested, what tyres were on the cx?

Top Bottom