Improving FTP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
After 5 weeks of 'training' I've gone from 236watts to 244watts over 20 minutes.....I think I've found my natural limit. Though hopefully 250watts should be possible though before I turn 40 in a few months :smile:.

51675758407_d4287d6620_c_d.jpg

CXRAndy

Guru
After 5 weeks of 'training' I've gone from 236watts to 244watts over 20 minutes.....I think I've found my natural limit. Though hopefully 250watts should be possible though before I turn 40 in a few months :smile:.

View attachment 617609
At your age, barring any unknown physical disabilities you could push easily towards 300Watts for an hour.

Noticeable observation is your cadence is too low with an average of 78rpm. With a winter of cadence training, raise this to 95+rpm. Once your cardiovascular system has adapted along with the bodies nervous system to fire the muscles more quickly. Then you will be able to sustain higher power through leg speed for longer

OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
At your age, barring any unknown physical disabilities you could push easily towards 300Watts for an hour.

Noticeable observation is your cadence is too low with an average of 78rpm. With a winter of cadence training, raise this to 95+rpm. Once your cardiovascular system has adapted along with the bodies nervous system to fire the muscles more quickly. Then you will be able to sustain higher power through leg speed for longer

I'll give it ago after Xmas....no doubt the extra weight will help the FTP:laugh:

Top Bottom