Improving the Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Give the women the tour. Men to ride the LeCourse

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
You can also track individual riders online here:
http://livetracking.letour.fr/#/stageprofile

If you follow the race via the live tracker while also watching it on telly, it highlights whichever camera view is currently on screen, so you can easily identify who is in the group.

Maybe the commentators should try using this feature rather than doing their usual guessing and getting it wrong. That would certainly improve the experience of listening to their witterings. ^_^

Just make it more French:
  • Every bike to have a string of onions dangling from the handlebars.
  • Every rider to wear the same stripy jumper and beret.
  • Moussettes to contain a bottle of cheap plonk, two andouillettes and a softpack of Gauloises.
  • Racing to be suspended at noon for three and a half hours and bonus points for the winner of the pétanque game.
[ / lazy national stereotyping]

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
A split stage on the final day (TT + criterium). Maybe the crit can run into the evening so that it finishes under the lights.

Once in a while, have a route that resembles the original Grand Boucle, instead of the Tour de part de France we get these days.

Impose a minimum tyre weight, so that there's no reason not to use puncture protection. Anyone having a puncture surrenders the offending wheel to be checked. If the tyre's under weight, probably a time penalty.

Hold the Tour in the middle of winter. I can't over-emphasise how stupid an idea I think that is, but I'd still like to see it.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The mountain stages would be interesting under 6 feet of snow.

They could do it on fat bikes.

Buddfox

Veteran
Interesting suggestion from Dr Hutch: “What would happen if we had a Grand Tour with no teams? Just individuals, each with £10,000 in cash in a jersey pocket with which to forge alliances as they went.”

Top Bottom