In hospital :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Sorry to hear of "the off" and hope the pain will soon ease.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Zeffer

Zeffer

Über Member
Thanks everyone! What fabulous support! Morphine is playing havoc with my blood pressure, really low and feeling quite dizzy and ill. Helping though. Apparently op went well, a DHS was fitted in about an hour.

I came off near Hampton Magna in Warwick. As everyone is saying, it's so quick. No slow motion like most falls. Warwick hospital is nice, everyone is friendly.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Awful bad luck. I hope the nurses are treating you well and that you make a swift recovery. I bet your family are missing you. Hope they let you out riding again.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wouldn't let the Paramedics and A&E staff cut off my Altura Varium. They did manage to get the arm rolled up, but had to cut the arm on my merino base layer to get a line in. I was quite well wrapped so had to instruct them how to undo the zips on the overshoes, then my shoes, etc. etc.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Get well soon, and enjoy the Pot Belge (see if they can put some aside for when you get out ^_^)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
GWS !
I have been lucky so far this year, i did ride through a patch of really crunchy ice this morning but i was at a good lick so i managed to get across before it could affect my balance .

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seems to me falls on ice are often heavy, but you've been desperately unfortunate to suffer such a bad injury from one.

A friend of mine went down on wet leaves and cracked what I understand to be a couple of small bones on the inside of her hip.

Recovery from that was a long job.

At least you are prepared for that.

Your sanguine attitude to the injury does you credit and will stand you in good stead in the coming months.

kiriyama

I went over on ice on Tuesday. fell hard on my right side. Was very lucky not to end up with similar injuries! Get well soon!

Top Bottom