In hospital :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Zeffer

Zeffer

I'm about 12 months away from being viable for metalwork removal from both ulna and radius. The metal work on the Ulna can be quite uncomfortable, and painful if I bang it. However, due to the location of it, there's a risk of paralysing my hand in surgery. So I'm undecided where I'm going yet.

I'm hoping mine can stay in. Now my muscle wastage is at its worst, it is remarkably annoying - although it could be I'm just feeling the bones, not really sure. Don't want major surgery again though. Good luck with yours.

OP
OP
Zeffer

Zeffer

Does this mean their is a second hand bike going very cheap with shredded lessos leggings also ???? Lol best of luck with your recovery bud.

Not yet! I hope to overcome my mind when the time is right to get back on. Will start with my hybrid before trying the Cannondale though.

Apparently so, my GP by good chance is a hip expert and says it's the neatest he has seen. Also, my scar looks like he used a ruler, it is so straight! I'm feeling looked after! Surgeon is called Edward Jenner, great name for his profession!
Off topic. But on about names for professions. I am trying to find a new dentist. Found one taking patients however the name Dr Payne is putting me off somewhat. :biggrin:

Now my muscle wastage is at its worst, it is remarkably annoying

Don't worry it's normal. I lost a lot in my arm. So much so that by the time I had all my motion back push ups left me very sore in the forearm. Few trips back to hospital to check. The pain was due to the very weak muscles.

Daily life for 9 months has built it up. I'm now almost back to full strength in that arm about 17 months later.

At the moment 18 months may seem like a long time away. But when you reach each milestone it comes a lot sooner than you think. And then when you finally make it. It certainly doesn't feel like 18 months.

Find a sport or activity or hobby that doesn't need your leg to be perfect but still needs you mobile. It passes time far better. New hobbies make time go quicker. And you can sink you're inevitable downtime into it too. Being mobile doing fun stuff is better than physio you learn something new and it's far less tedious.

Lee gg

He hit black ice. Not sure why a camera would be useful?
It's was a general comment regarding any accident, I was unaware this one was caused by ice on the road.
I think a camers helps with all the idiot drivers any cyclist comes across.

Top Bottom