Votes: 52 55.3%
  • Leave

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Won't Vote

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
[QUOTE 4326934, member: 76"]This is interesting. On the same forum, two different 'populations' are voting differently! In the rabid and confrontational of environment SC&P the In camp is well ahead, in the more genteel and balanced Cafe, Leave are currently ahead*

(*21.15, 17/6/2016)[/QUOTE]
15 minutes later, and it's changed.

You need to wait for a decent sample.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
hasn't this in/out thread been running for some time now? what's the point of a new one??

colly

Re member eR
For me it's simple. In the long run the EU will crash and burn. Already the pouplations of other members nations are getting sick and tired of being dictated to by appointees who they neither know nor voted for. If we stay we will be voting to remain on a sinking ship.
All the nonsense about immigration, the economy, visa free travel, no roaming charges for God's sake are a side show to the democratic deficit.

Up for it the people will not stand. (eventually)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[QUOTE 4326934, member: 76"]This is interesting. On the same forum, two different 'populations' are voting differently! In the rabid and confrontational of environment SC&P the In camp is well ahead, in the more genteel and balanced Cafe, Leave are currently ahead*

(*21.15, 17/6/2016)[/QUOTE]
Or aren't posting in a thread in café on one of the most divisive topical issues there is. Maybe.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
For me it's simple. In the long run the EU will crash and burn. Already the pouplations of other members nations are getting sick and tired of being dictated to by appointees who they neither know nor voted for. If we stay we will be voting to remain on a sinking ship.
All the nonsense about immigration, the economy, visa free travel, no roaming charges for God's sake are a side show to the democratic deficit.

Up for it the people will not stand. (eventually)

They stand for it in the UK. We have a system where in more than half the seats, more people voted against their MP than voted for them. In 191 cases, over 70% voted against them. We have a system where one party needed 3,881,129 votes to get a single seat at the last General Election, whereas another only needed 23,032.

This is a system where we have had majority governments in all but two elections since the Second World War, yet no party has gained over 50% of the national vote in any of those elections. Currently the government represents only 36.7% of the electorate. All of this avoiding talking about the Unelected Upper Chamber, or the Unelected Head of State.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I hate the fact that people say you can't influence the EU when most of them never bothered to vote in the European elections. Turnout less than 35%. Elect politicians who engage with other countries and promote reform of the existing setup. Elect politicians like Farage who won't engage and f all happens. Instead we end up with a political party with thinly veiled xenophobic overtones, scaremongering that we are being/going to be invaded by benefit scrounging foreigners. What a load of bollox, I feel sorry for people who believe such crap.

colly

Re member eR
They stand for it in the UK. We have a system where in more than half the seats, more people voted against their MP than voted for them. In 191 cases, over 70% voted against them. We have a system where one party needed 3,881,129 votes to get a single seat at the last General Election, whereas another only needed 23,032.

This is a system where we have had majority governments in all but two elections since the Second World War, yet no party has gained over 50% of the national vote in any of those elections. Currently the government represents only 36.7% of the electorate. All of this avoiding talking about the Unelected Upper Chamber, or the Unelected Head of State.

Can't deny that at all, but that doesn't mean staying in a larger undemocratic outfit is a better option. If we leave. big if, there could well be a big call for proper change in our voting system to reflect a new age. I hope so anyway.

For what it's worth I feel the House of Lords should be pensioned off. As should the Monarchy. First past the post should go too.

We have a Romanian immigrant living with us. In the event of an 'out' vote would she be forced to return to Romania? How long before she could claim UK residency?
IMG_20160507_142630510_HDR.jpg

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Can't deny that at all, but that doesn't mean staying in a larger undemocratic outfit is a better option. If we leave. big if, there could well be a big call for proper change in our voting system to reflect a new age. I hope so anyway.

For what it's worth I feel the House of Lords should be pensioned off. As should the Monarchy. First past the post should go too.
But that's the thing. The European Parliament is elected, and by a more proportional system than the UK. The Council of Ministers is also just that, a council made up of elected ministers from each member state. We are fed the line that they are unelected, but it isn't true.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
[QUOTE 4326992, member: 76"]A decent sample size being defined as 'that's enough, we are in the lead now. Shut the polls' You don't work for the EU do you?[/QUOTE]
Another 40 minutes later and it's 3-2 in favour of "remain". Which demonstrates that small sample sizes give volatile results.

Like I said, if you or I really want to take the temperature of the caff you need to wait for a decent sample size - several hundred at least.

Top Bottom