Votes: 52 55.3%
  • Leave

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Won't Vote

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
But that's the thing. The European Parliament is elected, and by a more proportional system than the UK. The Council of Ministers is also just that, a council made up of elected ministers from each member state. We are fed the line that they are unelected, but it isn't true.
And the Commission President is now from the political group with most MEPs, with commissioners selected by the member states, although they swear independence on taking office... still more democratic than much of the UK legislature.

Brandane

Legendary Member
We have a Romanian immigrant living with us. In the event of an 'out' vote would she be forced to return to Romania? How long before she could claim UK residency?
View attachment 132218
She's a scrounger! I saw her outside Glasgow Central station today. She even brought along some old woman with a dirty blanket and an empty "Costa Coffee" cup, just to make her case for dog food donations look genuine.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
ANTI-EU+FLAG.png

I notice most of the the pro EU members on here live in areas mostly unaffected by forced immigration by the EU! Cheshire Norfolk Cumbria Somerset.....:rolleyes:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Lots of Polish people in Cheshire and South Manchester. My experience they are good hard working individuals contributing to the UK economy. We have had asylum seekers housed in Wilmslow and nearby towns whilst not from the EU they also seem nice enough. I have recently dealt in a business capacity with two Afghan couples, both very hard working, paying their taxes making honest livings contributing to the UK coffers. we are all members of the human race.............:dry:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Lots of Polish people in Cheshire and South Manchester. My experience they are good hard working individuals contributing to the UK economy. We have had asylum seekers housed in Wilmslow and nearby towns whilst not from the EU they also seem nice enough. I have recently dealt in a business capacity with two Afghan couples, both very hard working, paying their taxes making honest livings contributing to the UK coffers. we are all members of the human race.............:dry:

:rolleyes:

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4327220, member: 259"]I don't know what the fark this is doing in this section, at this moment. @Shaun is this your decision?[/QUOTE]
Started out as a simple vote, yes or no, undecided or not voting. Some got a bit carried away.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I grew up not far from there. I would be surprised if it was any other way in those villages, sadly.
i have lived around here for nearly 30 years and it surprised me

i discussed it with my lbs as well they were both non fussed either way as they couldnt see it making any changes for them , so loads of people are not sure

TVC

From Facebook

FB_IMG_1466228487480.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4327220, member: 259"]I don't know what the fark this is doing in this section, at this moment. @Shaun is this your decision?[/QUOTE]
SC&P appears to have sprung a leak.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Given this thread is about the numbers rather than the debate, I am surprised the referendum looks to be so close.

For what it's worth, I'm out, but leaving that aside my prediction was the public would kick the EU firmly into the long grass.

Seems that won't be the case, although I suspect those wanting to stay are more willing to trumpet that view because it is seen as more inclusive, up-to-date, socially responsible, etc.

I remember the LibDems (someone's got to) had a policy of increasing income tax to pay for better schools and a better health service.

It played well in polls, but when it came to the privacy of the ballot box, no one voted for it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I remember the LibDems (someone's got to) had a policy of increasing income tax to pay for better schools and a better health service.

It played well in polls, but when it came to the privacy of the ballot box, no one voted for it.
I heard a shocking story about that a couple of weeks ago - from someone who was on the inside.

It seems that people thought that "a penny" was a surprisingly affordable price to pay for better schools. What the Tories found was that people didn't understand that "a penny" means a penny for every pound of income. When the Tories pointed it out, and encouraged people to think selfishly rather than for the good of the community, people's worst instincts came out.

Top Bottom