In Praise of Cav...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazyfatgit

I quite like him, but he looked to be at fault for the crash on the right hand bend before the finish of todays stage.

mangaman

He did look a bit careless! I wonder if the excuses Kelly and Harmon were trying (ie he must have had a flat etc) were true.

It seemed to me, he was too quick and careless into the corner and caused the 1st pile up. His team never really got a train going either - someone wasn't quite right from 20kms out.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Cav has his flaws at times but it all adds to him being the great rider he is. The fact is 'shoot happens' sometimes. I'm fairly sure he is a bit miffed at not contesting today's spint...

It's bike racing not a bloody floral display.

Edit: hope that does not sound like a dig at lazyfatgit and mangaman as it wasn't intended to...more a general moan at cycling media who sometimes forget it's a competitive sport where things can go wrong.

mangaman

Noodley said:
Cav has his flaws at times but it all adds to him being the great rider he is. The fact is 'shoot happens' sometimes. I'm fairly sure he is a bit miffed at not contesting today's spint...

It's bike racing not a bloody floral display.

Edit: hope that does not sound like a dig at lazyfatgit and mangaman as it wasn't intended to...more a general moan at cycling media who sometimes forget it's a competitive sport where things can go wrong.

I agree Noodley - I love Cav. Rather him than Petacchi or a host of personality free guys.

Cav's never been scared to piss off people in the peleton (I particularly enjoyed him getting a slaging off for "cheating" by Pozzato in 2008) and then winning Milan-San-Remo in 2009. I bet Filippo enjoyed that :wacko:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I like him too, he is straight up. "I'm okay, that's life" sums him up pretty well, he wants to ride not talk sh*t all day.

His badass persona the media have applied only adds to his appeal in my opinion.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I don't think stages 2 and 3 will suit him but hope to see him figure after that...but you never know, 2 and 3 might be in his plans.

He's certainly having a 'mare of a season but you don't get the impression he's anything but confident it'll come right. I don't fancy him tomorrow though, more of a classics riders day.

wafflycat

mangaman said:
I agree Noodley - I love Cav. Rather him than Petacchi or a host of personality free guys.

Nah... Petacchi is infinitely more pleasing on the eye than Cav..

Cav who is to cycling visual aesthetics what Rooney is to football visual asthetics...

Petacchi... *drool*

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
wafflycat said:
Nah... Petacchi is infinitely more pleasing on the eye than Cav..

Cav who is to cycling visual aesthetics what Rooney is to football visual asthetics...

Petacchi... *drool*

true, I thought he'd had extensive dental surgery over the Winter, you'd have thought he could have afforded a 'sighted' dentist.

Top Bottom