In Praise of Fray Bentos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Only some -lots still have the dreaded key...
thumbs01.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
In my travelling days, the locals just rammed a "Crocodile Dundee" knife in the top of all metal cans, and cut a hole. I've done the same when a plastic Fort Knox Tesco soup container came in the way of my hunger. I'm well hard.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 5147137, member: 259"]For the sake of the children and for those of us who might believe that tinned pies should not be our main means of nutrition, perhaps a warning should be displayed on the CycleChat main page to avail them of this?[/QUOTE]
I can't think of a single reason why people should not be warned of this terrible risk.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 5147137, member: 259"]For the sake of the children and for those of us who might believe that tinned pies should not be our main means of nutrition, perhaps a warning should be displayed on the CycleChat main page to avail them of this?[/QUOTE]
Bunch of snowflakes!
No pain - No gain.
We ought to be campaigning for more challenging packaging of everyday items.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 5147142, member: 259"]Thanks. Not doing the mods' job, but.[/QUOTE]
People with slashed fingers should come forward to bring to the attention of the media the true extent of this outrageous digital abuse.

subaqua

What’s the point
Yebbut.......cooking is the last thing on your mind when you have a Fray Bentos in your sordid "Young Ones" kitchen. Going to the pubs, clubs, and meeting girls is far more important than sensible nutrition at that stage of your life. Long may it remain so.

Point taken . And agreed with . Although cooking did get me places s person of my looks n abilities wouldn’t normally be associated with.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ye Gods! They still exist. View attachment 395378

How do you gain access to this food of the Gods? Surely a sharp tool must be needed?
Mine did, until a short while ago.

CAM00833.jpg

Now to put the tin in the post on Monday.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I searched, in vain, yesterday for a FB Chicken & Mushroom pie - none to be had!
I'll have to extend the range of my search tomorrow......

Tim Hall

I searched, in vain, yesterday for a FB Chicken & Mushroom pie - none to be had!
I'll have to extend the range of my search tomorrow......
It's God's* way of saying "don't bother, they're rank"

*Other deities, or no deities, are available.

Top Bottom