In Praise of Fray Bentos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Most disgruntled that the only pies they had in Poundland, today, were Minced Beef.:angry:
I think this thread may have started a run on the more exotic flavours.
A situation that needs close monitoring........
B&M's Chilli Beef, Chicken and Bacon, Just Chicken & Chicken Curry!

gbb

Legendary Member
A bit (a lot) off topic but this thread reminded me of a couple of moderately funny things about Uruguay.
When I arrived I had to go into Carmelo, a small town, to get some clothes. Not knowing what it was like I asked at the hotel....
'Is it safe to go into town ?' (it was maybe 1/4 mile walk)
The guy at the reception looked surprised...
'But of course :huh:'

Well....i didn't know did i :tongue:

I walked into Carmelo needing to change a $500 Bill, it was all I had of any use. I found a visitor centre and tentatively asked...'can I get this changed somewhere ?'...meaning a bank perhaps.
'One moment' said the guy, took the $500 Bill....and walked out. :blink:
Hollox I thought ....
He came back 5 minutes later with a load of Uruguayan pesos :whistle:.

A colleague was working in Paysandu, even further up the river from Fray Bentos. She was driving in the middle of nowhere, no houses, nothing..on her way to a citrus farm. She saw a figure walking toward the road, way way in front, coming from a direction where nothing could be seen as far as the horizon. As she got closer, it was a skinny fella, wearing cowboy boots....hotpants :wacko: and a cowboy style hat .

She kept going :laugh:...she said he looked like he was on his way back from the Blue Oyster Bar :biggrin: She just coildnt figure out where the hell he'd come from...or where he was going ?

[QUOTE 5146679, member: 259"]Let's face it, you have history with packaging. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]
When the dog has finished with it, send him your tin.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
[QUOTE 5146713, member: 259"]A worthy try, but Smash doesn't come out of a tin.[/QUOTE]

4432848101_59a0748be3_b.jpg

stretching the definition of tin maybe

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5146979, member: 259"]Potatoes don't do veins. Slugs, purple bits, blue bits, brown bits and weird manky bits, yes, but veins no. Unless it was a bit of root[/QUOTE]
Blood Spud!

Top Bottom