In Praise of Fray Bentos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I think I might try their Chicken & Mushroom offering. Never had one before, always stuck with the staple beef, or steak & kidney pies.
Now then, do we stick with the acknowledged classic accompaniment of tinned taters and peas, or would something a bit more exotic.....sweetcorn maybe.....be more suitable?
I'm feeling adventurous.......

classic33

Leg End Member
I think I might try their Chicken & Mushroom offering. Never had one before, always stuck with the staple beef, or steak & kidney pies.
Now then, do we stick with the acknowledged classic accompaniment of tinned taters and peas, or would something a bit more exotic.....sweetcorn maybe.....be more suitable?
I'm feeling adventurous.......
Steak and Ale, with mixed veg or green beans?

AndyRM

XOXO
Hold on, what is this about?

Chicken and bacon pudding?!

classic33

Leg End Member
I feel that I missed out on my childhood/studenthood by never actually experiencing the delight of a Fray Bentos, come to think of it, I have never had a pot noodle either.
Try
hunger-burster-chicken-curry--rice-330g_201_241.jpg

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 5145609, member: 259"]Right, so my wife is away skiing for the next week, so I'm going revolutionary and trying a chicken curry one, as well as a more traditional deep-filled steak and ale. There may well be some Mr Brains' pork faggots on the menu as well, if I recall the deepest reaches of the freezer well. There are also plenty of tins of Bachelor's finest in stock, marrowfat as well as trad and chippy style mushy.[/QUOTE]
You da man! :thumbsup:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
[QUOTE 5145609, member: 259"]Right, so my wife is away skiing for the next week, so I'm going revolutionary and trying a chicken curry one, as well as a more traditional deep-filled steak and ale. There may well be some Mr Brains' pork faggots on the menu as well, if I recall the deepest reaches of the freezer well. There are also plenty of tins of Bachelor's finest in stock, marrowfat as well as trad and chippy style mushy.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like she might come back to a corpse.

stephec

Legendary Member
Surely you'll be having a Vesta curry as a treat one night?

Top Bottom