In Praise of Fray Bentos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My brother and I used to love Fray Bentos pies when we were kids (a looooong time ago).

When on holiday just a couple of years ago we got stupidly excited to see them in the pound shop and even more so when we were "allowed" one each for tea. One each! No need to fight over the mushroom!

We sat down to eat them that evening (with tinned potatoes :hyper:) when SiL produced her own tea; hot and cold smoked salmon, langoustines, smoked eel and crusty bread :evil:

stephec

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5143968, member: 259"]It's that contrast between the crunchy pastry on top and the gloopy bit underneath that never gets cooked - genius![/QUOTE]
I know it's wrong but my mouth's almost watering after reading that.

classic33

Leg End Member
My brother and I used to love Fray Bentos pies when we were kids (a looooong time ago).

When on holiday just a couple of years ago we got stupidly excited to see them in the pound shop and even more so when we were "allowed" one each for tea. One each! No need to fight over the mushroom!

We sat down to eat them that evening (with tinned potatoes :hyper:) when SiL produced her own tea; hot and cold smoked salmon, langoustines, smoked eel and crusty bread :evil:
Take her long to open the tin?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I feel that I missed out on my childhood/studenthood by never actually experiencing the delight of a Fray Bentos, come to think of it, I have never had a pot noodle either.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 5144049, member: 259"]Bon Appétit

View attachment 395043 [/QUOTE]
Job's a good 'un.:okay:
Tinned taters and peas?

Top Bottom