In Praise of Fray Bentos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
:giggle:

Especially if it's one of those really old style can openers where you have to stab the blade into the top of the tin and jimmy it up and down...

Yes,that's the type i was thinking about!:smile:

800px_COLOURBOX5560535.jpg

Not one of those modern type openers. In the case of FB pies the hammer in the flag would probably be needed along with a screw driver a chisel an angle grinder and other tools just to get the fecking thing open!!:cursing:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ok.....its another confession.
Approx 8 weeks ago, after telling Mrs D about this thread she bought the first FB pie for many many years.
Since then it has sat in the cupboard. Every time I open that cupboard the pie screams "EAT ME".
Today is that day ^_^.
I am about to do FB pie with chips and peas.....with a slice of bread & butter for the mandatory butty.
There......my conscience is now clear.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Approx 8 weeks ago, after telling Mrs D about this thread she bought the first FB pie for many many years.
Since then it has sat in the cupboard. Every time I open that cupboard the pie screams "EAT ME".
Today is that day ^_^.
I am about to do FB pie with chips and peas.....with a slice of bread & butter for the mandatory butty.
Slippery slope..........:giggle:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Slippery slope..........:giggle:
I will man up and take it.

classic33

Leg End Member

Today is that day ^_^.
Talking pies, you sure?

Steak & Ale, Steak & Kidney, Deep Fill, which one. You can't just say "first FB pie in many years". More information is required.

Top Bottom