In praise of John Cooper Clarke...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Inspired by an interview in The Guardian today i've had a small indulge of some of his vidoes on yutoob. He still makes me laugh.

Here he is with Bongos Trousers. The recital is, probably, two minutes long and the preamble, all seven or eight minutes of it, is very funny:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ3O8RE_kcA

Another video. An interview where he discusses the things he has in a bag. A little insight into things he likes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbb5fXfo0I

At it's best his poetry is very funny, but most of it is pish and his preambles result in me not listening to him.

Venod

Eh up
Salome Maloney and Psycle Sluts never fail to put a smile on my face.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Do you think he dyes his hair?
heretics2-582x1024.jpg

Man, I'd forgotten how good Beasley Street is - thank you for reminding me. Takes me back to when my elder brother used to come home to Somerset from University in Manchester with boxes of vinyl - which I thought were incredibly cool, but of course didn't tell him :rolleyes:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Man, I'd forgotten how good Beasley Street is - thank you for reminding me. Takes me back to when my elder brother used to come home to Somerset from University in Manchester with boxes of vinyl - which I thought were incredibly cool, but of course didn't tell him :rolleyes:
The photo in the Beasley Street youtube clip I posted says a lot.

BTW, do I make Pseuds Corner?

OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
At it's best his poetry is very funny, but most of it is pish and his preambles result in me not listening to him.
He's naturally a funny bloke. That's why i put up that particular video of Bongos Trousers. His unscripted blabbering is just very enjoyable, i think. Maybe, you shouldn't focus so much on the recital and just enjoy the whole show.

OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
Can’t quite get over John Cooper Clarke and Nico living together in Brixton. Bizarre. Love Beasley Street and Kung Fu International.

A while back, on a whim, i moved in with a girl. She was sexy, funny and absolutely amazing in every way. The sex was great. The laughs were constant. I was tall and slim with red and black dreadlocks at the time. She was an absolute knockout. Out of my league. But she was a heroin addict. I didn't know it when we got together. We tried to get it under control but she was in it for the long haul. Erm... yeah... drugs make strange bedfellows.

Top Bottom