In Praise of London (Don't look if you're going to moan!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of the pleasures of living in the Capital is the variety of entertainment - organised or impromptu - that can be admired. Tonight after work, I walked through the Park to Trafalgar Square and heard the most beautiful music (Can't tell you what yet because I haven't looked it up!). The dancers - strong in action and body.
The Square looked great, with the Fourth plinth tinkering playing a full part.
What's more, it was a Thursday, so the National Portrait Gallery is open until 9pm - fab.
1236zw6.jpg

35l9j83.jpg

2e5qz39.jpg

70c6mf.jpg

2a91l6s.jpg

2h7qjx5.jpg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
London's a great place as long as you're not in the tube or a car!

Though my impromptu entertainment for the night was going for a walk and being yelled at by a car full of kids and then seeing a woman sitting in a pool of vomit with a broken nose!

Still, we have allsorts going on all summer, and there's more to do here than anywhere I have ever been in the UK....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I always look forwards to a visit to London and once I'm there I always look forwards to going home.

I love the museums in London and can't get enough of them. Once they install air conditioning in the underground system I'll become a more frequent visitor.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was born in London and I love visiting it.... for a day or two. Then I scurry back to the peace and clean, fresh air of the North.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I’ve only been to London twice, Australia House and Earls Court

snakehips

It must have been this ..............

Wayne McGregor's award winning ballet Chroma/Tryst/Symphony in C will be screened on 10th June 2010 at 7.30pm at Trafalgar Square and General Gordon Square, Woolwich.

I really should pay more attention to what's on , before the event !

Snake

My Library

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
vernon said:
Once they install air conditioning in the underground system I'll become a more frequent visitor.
Bicycle is the best way to get around London, usually quicker than the tube too.

Top Bottom