In Praise of Lusso

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I own four pieces of Lusso kit and find the quality and fit suits me very well. When a parcel went missing several months ago the customer service and immediate replacement was very good.

Recently though I feel Lusso have given me truly excellent service, beyond my expectations.

In early December I went down hard on a diesel spill. This left a large hole in my biblongs and a tear in the gilet. £180 worth of kit. A buddy told me Lusso do repairs.

As Lusso is local to me I popped into the factory. Yes, we can repair, the biblongs will be free of charge as less than 12 months old, the gilet £15 as it's outside the warranty period. Warranty only applies to items purchased direct from Lusso. Repairs completed in 6 days.

I feel the gilet repair blends well and while the bibs are obviously patched the alternative was binning £80 of kit.

Very happy.

20221222_154231.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Good Mancunian brand Lusso.

Chislenko

Veteran
Well done to the OP for starting a thread that salutes good customer service.

So many people in life are quick to moan but slow to praise.

After 46 years working in retail the 999 times you get it right largely go unnoticed, the 1 time you get it wrong you certainly get to hear about it!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

After 46 years working in retail the 999 times you get it right largely go unnoticed, the 1 time you get it wrong you certainly get to hear about it!
It's the Catherine the Great problem:

You shag one horse ...

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've used Lusso shorts for the last 4-5 years, they are the comfiest cycling shorts I've ever had.

I still have a new pair in the drawer, I wish I'd bought more when they were on offer.

Yes, I didn't know this but the guy at Lusso, who seemed very genuine, told me there shorts are very highly rated.

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Thanks. I do agree with this though personally I try hard to give praise where it's due. I always recommend independents who go above and beyond, in restaurants if I've had exceptional service I'll find the manager and tell him/her and so on.

If I get a single instance of bad service etc. I generally ignore it but might have a quiet word. I don't take to social media to slaughter businesses with one exception. If I find a company is deliberately misleading people I will say so. For example, in Iceland I booked a lovely looking hotel with an apparently very eclectic style, great pictures et . We arrived at reception, it looked all that was promised and then we were given directions to a concrete block building about a mile away. It was awful. The website was clearly misleading, I made this very clear on TripAdvisor - checked the website when we got home. All the wonderful images removed and the general description substantially changed.

If I do encounter consistent, repeated poor service, British Gas for example, I will tell the world!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For example, in Iceland I booked a lovely looking hotel with an apparently very eclectic style, great pictures et . We arrived at reception, it looked all that was promised and then we were given directions to a concrete block building about a mile away. It was awful.
I stayed with a friend at a B&B in Grange-over-Sands. It was advertised as having fine views over Morecambe Bay. The only view we had of the bay was through a narrow gap between 2 semis across the road! :laugh:

It didn't really bother us because it was just an overnight stop on our Bay Way ride, but it was stretching the reality to breaking point. The actual B&B was very good indeed.

Lusso are indeed very good makers of kit, well made, comfortable and it lasts. They also size things correctly (Castelli I'm looking at you!)

In fact I once started a thread "In praise of the Lusso diet" as I normally get an XL, but found I could get into their L size ^_^^_^

Castelli sizing is all over the show. Really puts me off.

Petrichorwheels

Lusso are indeed very good makers of kit, well made, comfortable and it lasts. They also size things correctly (Castelli I'm looking at you!)

In fact I once started a thread "In praise of the Lusso diet" as I normally get an XL, but found I could get into their L size ^_^^_^

Snapped up a nice servicable (ie pretty much new condition) lusso top* with full length zip (lusso tend to use good zips in my experience and care not whether cool/minimalist looking) in a charity shop the other week. £7. XL, but then it is from their women's line. I self identify as cheap.
* (edit/clarification in view of colin's Aldi grab below - it's actually a jacket)

Last edited:

Petrichorwheels

Castelli sizing is all over the show. Really puts me off.

Because it's italian of course.
Agree with all the praise of lusso. Very good simple quality stuff though have the impression more lately that they are aiming to mystify it/tap into the new golf (as opposed to old whippet) and raise their market positioning/pricing.

Top Bottom