in praise of USADA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
orbytal, you're coming across as the forum equivalent of the swastikas on the opening titles to Dad's Army. You're advancing on so many fronts you leave no one any choice but to retreat from you sharpish.

U

User169

@Delftse Post/philipbh ask away what you want to know.

I rather thought I had! I was hoping you could clarify exactly what you meant by

"but the new challenge is genetic modified stimulation for enhancement" in your post #66

Orbytal

@dellzeqq you mentioned in your post about USADA cutting a deal and forming part of US Justice system. WADC Rules have an exclusion clause for all justice systems in the country actions are taken and WADC Rules replaces all athletes rights instead.
I agree that USADA obviously cut deals but the remit to do this was not fully within their jurisdiction for sanctions and these were always with UCI. The ability to carry out the investigation was agreed as USADA despite UCI and LA objections.
I also accept WRT to why praise for USADA in the achievement but like all battles what is the final cost to achieve victory and it is only a battle in the war.
I appreciate the comments about best efforts and total adherence but that is also part of my own message that WADA keep flipping between both and creating more confusion than required until they understand just change the rules and stop breaking them you feel it is justified.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
@dellzeqq you mentioned in your post about USADA cutting a deal and forming part of US Justice system. WADC Rules have an exclusion clause for all justice systems in the country actions are taken and WADC Rules replaces all athletes rights instead.
I agree that USADA obviously cut deals but the remit to do this was not fully within their jurisdiction for sanctions and these were always with UCI. The ability to carry out the investigation was agreed as USADA despite UCI and LA objections.
I also accept WRT to why praise for USADA in the achievement but like all battles what is the final cost to achieve victory and it is only a battle in the war.
I appreciate the comments about best efforts and total adherence but that is also part of my own message that WADA keep flipping between both and creating more confusion than required until they understand just change the rules and stop breaking them you feel it is justified.
Give it a rest mate, please.

Orbytal

@007 I agree it has been long running from 2009 stalled 2010 to 2012 and started again which is the reason I say why not make sure bread and butter business is taken care of then the rest. The outcome was always going to be the same so the planning was controllable is what I am suggesting.

Are USADA bad guys only depends what view you have. Make allowances for operating outwith the rules they are not and make no allowances yes they are for the application of the rules they apply.

I have mentioned previously I have sympathy for them but they take no action to realign conformity to cover the moral challenge they are involved with and that cannot be good.

WRT rants I am in no camp as I condemn doping and those who chase it for doing exactly the same. That appears to both sides as a challenge on their beliefs when in fact it aligns them. I do offer substance why I am making statements that allow anyone to pick holes as they wish but a simple 'rubbish' etc is not advancing either to respondents views or allowing me to advance my own either to align closer to them or comment why I would disagree.

I am programmed to question everything I have placed in front of me and proof test it, occupational hazard! If that means it places me in the middle of opposed views then so be it, all I ask is of anyone is reason out why you object.

I am sure some have been surprised at my responses they thought I was angling 1 position when in fact it is not.

The devils is in the detail as well all know and it is always found more regularly in the grey areas than the black and white so WADA/USADA can be right in the end but not always in the detail and the same inversely applies to anyone else in that or any other case.

Orbytal

@gregcollins Wow showing your age with Dads army! Lol

It only appears like that for the reasons I said before that it give opportunity all sides to get involved or just throw bricks.

Your comments are however noted and appreciated.

DogTired

Über Member

You make a lot of noise like an empty barrel because it has nothing in it. I have made 2 requests of you I hope you will take up the challenge and offer a stimulated debate but I don’t expect you have the impetus for any serious inquest to what you actually know.

Sorry, what were the two questions again - I counted 6 in your post. If you've used up all of the fingers on your hand, its more than two.

@dogtired you want substantiation but fewer words. Brilliant contradiction.
No. Actually it' s not.

Russell Allen

Orbytal - you are just a troll fishing for reaction and I for one cant be bothered to reply to your incoherent rants. You may have got a better reception if you hadn't jumped in with both feet SHOUTING your ill thought through opinions and actually added something of interest to the discussion. I am a relative noob on here and I have my own opinions, but I am at the very least courteous and open minded, two qualities that you seem to lack in extremis

Russell

Orbytal

@dogtired/gregcollins thanks to both of you for taking more time to explain Dads Army was repeated than the rest, I am unsure however if that can be constituted as an advancement in the debate!

Top Bottom