In the car today :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bloody hated it. Queueing traffic and why do drivers complain about cyclists? Far worse, ignorant drivers out there blocking junctions, pulling out of roundabouts etc.

Got on the bike this morning, a little slip in the first yard, then sliding all over at the end of my road - doing a good "Happy Feet" impression when I put my feet down, stradding the top tube with feet flailing all over

Straight back and put the bike back in the shed.

I've ridden on an actual ice rink before (promotion for a Sheffield Steelers branded MTB the company I worked for produced) and the black ice all around the side roads was exactly like it!

Some cyclists out there, fair play to them except for the idiot with the kiddie seat on the back, coming out of a side road. Risking oneself is one thing, but black ice like today is no place for a child seat - a 2 wheeled trailer is needed if carrying a toddler in these conditions.

Sheffield_Tiger said:
Bloody hated it. Queueing traffic and why do drivers complain about cyclists? Far worse, ignorant drivers out there blocking junctions, pulling out of roundabouts etc.

Got on the bike this morning, a little slip in the first yard, then sliding all over at the end of my road - doing a good "Happy Feet" impression when I put my feet down, stradding the top tube with feet flailing all over

Straight back and put the bike back in the shed.

I've ridden on an actual ice rink before (promotion for a Sheffield Steelers branded MTB the company I worked for produced) and the black ice all around the side roads was exactly like it!

From the bus window this early morning, icy as heck everywhere, saw a paper boy/girl on their bike doing exactly that. How long it must have taken them to finish their round this morning!

Top Bottom