In the crap again ( but the depth varies )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I fail to see why the better half has a problem when she comes home from work and finds my group set on the kitchen table ,on paper I hasten to add ,wheels in the sink and the frame of the bike in the bath.:whistle:
Just wondering if anybody else has experiencend this phenomenem ?

I've never experienced it. If Mrs S is likely to be home I stay in the garage, but if I know she's out for a while I'm safe using the kitchen :thumbsup: Only yesterday I had to change inner tubes in the house :laugh:

KneesUp

Guru
My dad still tells the story of his friend who was lucky enough to have parents with a garage. Said friend had just started an apprenticeship, and had stripped down his motorbike to the last washer and had it all laid out neatly on the garage floor, only to come home from work to be told by his mother that she had 'swept up all those bits in the garage and put them in a box' - it was over fifty years ago, so I presume the bike is back together now.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Mrs R was thrown out of her lodgings when she was a student at Cambridge for taking her motorbike apart in the communal kitchen.
I was asked to leave a shared house for much the same reason.

I clean my bike in the shower room and use the kitchen worktop to sort out various bits of my bike. Hubster doesn't seem to mind. Actually, I'm not that sure that he notices.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I don't have a garage and the chickens would make working in the garden an interesting experience with their habit of nicking stuff that looks like it might be food - nuts, bolts, cables......

That's so funny as I can picture it ! Not only you chasing the chicken but the rest of the hens wondering what it's got :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I don't have a spare bedroom, I've a bike room, with an old rug for putting oily bits on :biggrin:
Not adverse to a spot of GT85-ing in the living room either ...

D

Deleted member 1258

My dad still tells the story of his friend who was lucky enough to have parents with a garage. Said friend had just started an apprenticeship, and had stripped down his motorbike to the last washer and had it all laid out neatly on the garage floor, only to come home from work to be told by his mother that she had 'swept up all those bits in the garage and put them in a box' - it was over fifty years ago, so I presume the bike is back together now.

I had a similar experience years ago before I was married and was living in a bedsit. I had a 500 Triumph and had the engine stripped down and laid out in the back garden on a tarpaulin with another one on top, the landlord spotted that and decided I needed space in one of his outhouses, so he cleared a space and dumped the engine on the bench in the outhouse in a big pile, it took me ages to reassemble it.

Top Bottom