Incident at May Birmingham critical mass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonesy

Guru

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFZBT82kFw#

I wasn't there. I'm not sure what I think about it.

Wasn't clear what happened- did anyone get hurt?

Maz

Guru
Looks like the fella in the red car rear-ended the guy on the bike who ended up with a buckled wheel. I love the civility and calmness of the guy in front of the car..."Dangerous driving. Wait here, mate, we're calling the police."

Maz

Guru
The police didn't do anything other than have a word with the driver, BTW.
That's a bit of a downer. Do you know some of the guys in the vid? ...you said you weren't there.

domtyler

Über Member
It is not clear exactly what happened there but the guy on the bike definitely ended up with a slightly warped tyre.

yenrod

domtyler said:
It is not clear exactly what happened there but the guy on the bike definitely ended up with a slightly warped tyre.

Thats a crisped wheel to me Dom!

LLB

CM again, This does nothing to enhance the image of cycling in a good light :biggrin: . Bystanders and people caught up in it can empathise with a good cause but the guy in the black hoodie riding on the wrong side of the road just looked like he was out for confrontation - and he looks like he got it :biggrin:

How about 'having a point' to all of it all to get joe public on side ?

I'm inclined to agree with Linf here. My (admittedly limited) experience of CM was wobbling around the Wolverhamton ring road at sub - toddler speeds during the Friday rush hour. The idea was, apparently, to show that cyclists need facilities. All it seemed to do to me was show that cyclists can be a bloody nuisance when they try.
Not that I'm in any way condoning the bloke who drove into that guy's back wheel, I hasten to add.

LLB

Rhythm Thief said:
I'm inclined to agree with Linf here. My (admittedly limited) experience of CM was wobbling around the Wolverhamton ring road at sub - toddler speeds during the Friday rush hour. The idea was, apparently, to show that cyclists need facilities. All it seemed to do to me was show that cyclists can be a bloody nuisance when they try.
Not that I'm in any way condoning the bloke who drove into that guy's back wheel, I hasten to add.

Nor do I, but the problem seems to be that many seem to regard CM as a strength in numbers bravado exercise. A bit like picking on a couple of lads walking down the road minding their own business when you have 10 of your mates walking behind you.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
linfordlunchbox said:
Nor do I, but the problem seems to be that many seem to regard CM as a strength in numbers bravado exercise. A bit like picking on a couple of lads walking down the road minding their own business when you have 10 of your mates walking behind you.

IMO it's simply the case of the boot being on the other foot once in a while, you can level the same opinions about car drivers and they claim the roads as theirs everyday.

I'm always amused that CM is held in the same cities on regular dates and yet drivers seem to be unable to make provision for this and maybe have a day where they don't drive to work perhaps?

Top Bottom