Incident in Glasgow - 6 feared dead :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Terrible thing for the victims and families, so close to Christmas.
I begin to notice a new voyeuristic approach to the news nowadays, I think its shameful and uncalled for...and its coming from mainstream news channels. I listen to 5 Live, they're reporting on it and asked a witness, on the radio, to describe the injuries she'd seen ?
WTF ?....what did they want the poor woman to say?...to describe perhaps horrific injuries I hope I and most others never have to see ?...did they expect blood and gore ? Minutes later, she talked to a man who'd witnessed it and then sked him what he'd seen, he dutifully told them and then she thanked him for describing 'what must have been a very harrowing experience for him'....
If you know it was that harrowing...why would you ask him to relate it ?..personally, it makes me sick and actually quite angry.
Similarly, last week a reporter actually asked a recently, shockingly and suddendly bereaved person...'can you tell us how you're feeling at this terrible time ?'
WHAT !!!!...Im dumbstruck at the heartlessness of it...outrageous.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I know the news has to be reported but those reporters should be kept away from the witnesses - they will be traumatised enough :sad:

When the first case of Swine Flu was report in the UK, it was a couple who had come back after being abroad on holiday.
They lived in my village.
There were huge TV crew vans everywhere, there were reporters in the local shops, asking people if they knew the couple etc.
It was disgraceful.

If there was aver an "accident" then this was one

There is a difference between a true situation where a tragic event causes a loss of control and the situation we hear so often where the driver's actions cause the incident

It is important that we can recognise this difference

My feelings are with ALL those involved

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
If there was aver an "accident" then this was one

It's too early to say even that.

GC

Mrs M

Guru
Terrible thing for the victims and families, so close to Christmas.
I begin to notice a new voyeuristic approach to the news nowadays, I think its shameful and uncalled for...and its coming from mainstream news channels. I listen to 5 Live, they're reporting on it and asked a witness, on the radio, to describe the injuries she'd seen ?
WTF ?....what did they want the poor woman to say?...to describe perhaps horrific injuries I hope I and most others never have to see ?...did they expect blood and gore ? Minutes later, she talked to a man who'd witnessed it and then sked him what he'd seen, he dutifully told them and then she thanked him for describing 'what must have been a very harrowing experience for him'....
If you know it was that harrowing...why would you ask him to relate it ?..personally, it makes me sick and actually quite angry.
Similarly, last week a reporter actually asked a recently, shockingly and suddendly bereaved person...'can you tell us how you're feeling at this terrible time ?'
WHAT !!!!...Im dumbstruck at the heartlessness of it...outrageous.
Just hope there's no morons taking selfies.

Bloody terrifying. The helicopter crash last year, now this. I looked at The Mail report and there are horrible injuries, I wish I hadn't read it now, crushing injuries. The Mail have also opened comments, unbelievably.

Top Bottom