Incident in Glasgow - 6 feared dead :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Though very tragic, these incidents now involve rolling live coverage with people whether connected to the families or not are asked for comments, " the sea of flowers" and as someone mentioned asking to describe the injuries. Seems to be a recent development. I am not sure if the families involved including that of the driver are receptive of all this.

snorri

Legendary Member
What rock to these people crawl from under?
Same rock as the people who repeat it?:sad::sad::sad:

Brandane

Legendary Member
oooh speculatory bollox . gotta love it . blind panic perhaps ( ooh more speculation) . lets leave the investigation to police scotland and the proper authorities.
It seems that the BBC are also partaking of "speculatory bollox" then. You might want to watch Tuesday's Reporting Scotland and go to 11mins 50 seconds. It's on BBC i-player and only available for 24 hours, being a daily programme.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yeah whatever. For ex plod you should really know better. Nice to see it took soooo long for you to come up with a reply as you know you are on dodgy ground.
Speculation is not disrespectful unless victim blaming, which I'm not. I was merely speculating on a possible reason why the bin lorry ran out of control for such a considerable distance with two other people in the cab with the driver. BBC are asking the same question. (Edit: and speculating on the same answer re the handbrake).

Last edited by a moderator:
The full details are not yet released, but despite previous comments, this does seem like a genuine tragic accident
Apparently the driver and the people in the cab will not be named

THE identity of the driver of the bin lorry that killed six people when it crashed in Glasgow city centre will be protected indefinitely, the local authority has said.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council, which owns the bin lorry involved in the George Square tragedy, said it would “never release the names” of the driver or other two individuals who were in the cabin when it crashed.

Link

If it was a medical issue then this is entirely appropriate

Licramite

Über Member
very odd case, several people in cab , driver keels over and the other two do what? - condition reported by council as unknown.
and no one focuses on what caused it only on victims.
if it was a heart attack or some such medical thing you think they would be able to release that fairly quickly.
very odd.

very odd case, several people in cab , driver keels over and the other two do what? - condition reported by council as unknown.
and no one focuses on what caused it only on victims.
if it was a heart attack or some such medical thing you think they would be able to release that fairly quickly.
very odd.

Covered already

Access to the driver controls is often limited and not easily accessible

It is really beyond conjecture as to how....
Take this examples where the controls are out of reach of a passenger

LEC3.JPG

The full details are not yet released, but despite previous comments, this does seem like a genuine tragic accident
Apparently the driver and the people in the cab will not be named

Unfortunately nobody told the DC Thomson publishing group, they seem quite proud to have caught the driver on camera:
1508117_844726922233333_1056131499181109432_n.jpg

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Bloody hell, puts a bit of a different perspective on things.

Hence my reply to @Cunobelin in post #25.

A week before Christmas 2010, two young students were killed in Glasgow by a driver who blacked out at the wheel of his Range Rover.

glasgowdoublefatal304.jpg

He too was an HGV driver, and he too failed to disclose previous blackouts. His licence has since been withdrawn but he has never been prosecuted in connection with the deaths. This, despite the original charge being causing death while not insured. That was withdrawn following a decision in an English court but I've never heard an explanation as to why he wasn't even prosecuted for simply not having insurance.

If this bin lorry driver hid his condition for the sake of keeping his driving job then he has a terrible thing to live with.

GC

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Hence my reply to @Cunobelin in post #25.

A week before Christmas 2010, two young students were killed in Glasgow by a driver who blacked out at the wheel of his Range Rover.

View attachment 98191

He too was an HGV driver, and he too failed to disclose previous blackouts. His licence has since been withdrawn but he has never been prosecuted in connection with the deaths. This, despite the original charge being causing death while not insured. That was withdrawn following a decision in an English court but I've never heard an explanation as to why he wasn't even prosecuted for simply not having insurance.

If this bin lorry driver hid his condition for the sake of keeping his driving job then he has a terrible thing to live with.

GC
I remember this :sad:

Top Bottom