Incident in Glasgow - 6 feared dead :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Will he though? His behaviour has already demonstrated a blatant disregard for others - who's to say he won't just shrug this off and carry on as normal?

Maybe his behaviour is just a front, and deep down inside he knows he's responsible for the manslaughter of six people? If he has any sense of decency he'll hang his head in shame for the rest of his life, but as you point out he hasn't shown any remorse yet.

TVC

That's one way to turn an entire nation against you.

If true he needs hanging out to dry.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He was a lucky guy not to be charged with the first incident. He chose to say nothing at the inquest for fear of incriminating himself, and now he gets caught driving a car.
Chuck the book at him this time.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I understand your anger, but legally this is (at most) manslaughter - or culpable homicide that google tells me is what it's called in Scotland. Murder is deliberately trying to kill someone, and succeeding. Manslaughter is where you do something that could reasonably be seen as life threatening, but death was not your intention.
I'm not sure that's actually correct. That's how I always understood it, but I seem to remember saying something along those lines in another thread once, and getting picked up by, I believe, CopperCyclist, who said that this was a common misconception, but that in truth there doesn't need to be any premeditated intent to kill for a murder charge to stick; all that was required was deliberately choosing a course of action which any reasonable person would have thought might very well lead to a death. Or something like that.

Top Bottom