Incident near Oval Tube this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good result with the life time ban, however, now having the extra information I feel that 7 years was far too lenient. Exactly what do you have to do to get a full 14 years conviction?!:angry:

All well and good, makes a change for once to see a result like this, the problem as I see it isn't the punishment, it's enforcing it. Did I not read somewhere that more than half the motorists stopped in Bradford had no insurance?

As Easy As Riding A Bike

This does beg one question - why was this man even employed by an HGV company, given the below?

Putz has a series of criminal convictions for offences including drink-driving and has been caught 20 times driving an HGV while disqualified. He said the night before the accident he had drunk almost a gallon of Guinness... Sentencing him today, judge Roger Chapple told Putz: "Since your first disqualification 34 years ago you have shown a consistent disregard for road traffic legislation and the law.

Seriously? WTF!

I think Thames Materials Ltd should face some hard questions about allowing a man who is quite clearly a loose cannon to drive one of their vehicles around around central London.

As Easy As Riding A Bike

All well and good, makes a change for once to see a result like this, the problem as I see it isn't the punishment, it's enforcing it.

Indeed. A lifetime driving ban is a more than appropriate punishment - but this is a guy who has been caught (that's CAUGHT) driving while disqualified TWENTY times. I wonder how much attention he is going to pay to his ban when he gets out of prison.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
This does beg one question - why was this man even employed by an HGV company, given the below?

Seriously? WTF!

I think Thames Materials Ltd should face some hard questions about allowing a man who is quite clearly a loose cannon to drive one of their vehicles around around central London.

Well said!! Perhaps we should all write the HSE and Thames materials?

At least the death of a cyclist has actually been taken seriously for once, it is seldom the case.

As Easy As Riding A Bike

Thanks for the link, Origamist.
On a side note, it's pretty poor that the BBC have entirely failed to cover this story.

BBC London News seems to have plenty of time to cover stories about traffic wardens and parking. I think they need to adjust their priorities.

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
Thanks for the link, Origamist.
On a side note, it's pretty poor that the BBC have entirely failed to cover this story.

BBC London News seems to have plenty of time to cover stories about traffic wardens and parking. I think they need to adjust their priorities.

bbc news fail to cover ALL cyclist's deaths, and it has been a deliberate editorial policy for many years. They can find the time to devote many hours to kids that stab each other but companies that employ drunks who drive HGV's whilst banned is of no interest to them.

Top Bottom