Inconsiderate roadies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Who said caravaners/cyclists are a strange lot
395084_10151245388103351_893706472_n.jpg

Peteaud

Veteran
Probably on a caravan forum venting his rage

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/

smiley-transport013.gif
smiley-laughing001.gif

Wally wagons. Some things just arent funny.
I just need to get this straight, and moving on from the original post which was clearly unreal, is it the case that everyone who pulls a caravan is a wally? Much as everyone who drives a bmw is a tosser. Wouldn't the world be a simple place if we could pigeon hole every one in it, no shades of grey, everything black and white, wonderful. Except not the kind of world I inhabit, never, ever judge a book by its cover.
The internet is a place where you can say what you want with impunity, but for some of us it is where real friends can be made and this is usually done by not making wild claims or insulting people you do not know. Just as an example, we were passed by several bmw's on the forum ride yesterday and all gave us plenty of room and behaved with courtesy, that doesn't really tally with what I often hear on CC does it?

I just need to get this straight, and moving on from the original post which was clearly unreal, is it the case that everyone who pulls a caravan is a wally? Much as everyone who drives a bmw is a tosser. Wouldn't the world be a simple place if we could pigeon hole every one in it, no shades of grey, everything black and white, wonderful. Except not the kind of world I inhabit, never, ever judge a book by its cover.
The internet is a place where you can say what you want with impunity, but for some of us it is where real friends can be made and this is usually done by not making wild claims or insulting people you do not know. Just as an example, we were passed by several bmw's on the forum ride yesterday and all gave us plenty of room and behaved with courtesy, that doesn't really tally with what I often hear on CC does it?

internet forum behaviour is founded on the fundamental acceptance of a number of urban myths - don't you be questioning them now...

400bhp

Guru

+1

Personally, the sort of language used isn't one I like to see from a serving officer.

stephec

Legendary Member
This has got to be post of the day, here I was in a bad mood when I opened this up, now I'm happy and have a big smile on my face!

Allow me to finish the story -

...and just as the last one hit the deck a small guy in a white suit came running up to me, his face seemed familiar, I think I might have seen him in a James Bond film. He said something like, "der plane boss, der plane," although I can't be certain as I was only half awake and rubbing sleep from my eyes at the time.

Top Bottom