Inconsistencies or plot holes in films

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
This one occurred to me.

In The Martian the astronaut Mark Watney dig sup the radioactive isotope RTG generator and shoves it in the cab of his buggy thing to keep him warm. He then spends a load of time fannying about and modifying the buggy to extend its range with portable solar panels.

Now, the RTG is an electric generator, so why not just connect the bloody thing to the buggy and use that to power it and thus give it indefinite range with no need to stop to charge?

So what plot holes or inconsistencies have you spotted in the movies?

classic33

Leg End Member
Why is there no backseater/WSO in the F-18f's in Top Gun Maverick.

midlife

Guru
Are 2 seat F16 an F18 trainers combat capable as single seaters? Not a true 2 seater like F4 or Strike Eagle...

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
There doesn't appear to be a toilet on the USS Enterprise ncc - 1701

Not even for passing Klingons?

ExBrit

Über Member
This one occurred to me.

In The Martian the astronaut Mark Watney dig sup the radioactive isotope RTG generator and shoves it in the cab of his buggy thing to keep him warm. He then spends a load of time fannying about and modifying the buggy to extend its range with portable solar panels.

Now, the RTG is an electric generator, so why not just connect the bloody thing to the buggy and use that to power it and thus give it indefinite range with no need to stop to charge?

The RTG is Campagnolo but the buggy has a Shimano drive.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
This one occurred to me.

How much power do you think an RTG produces?

Top Bottom